What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

Incorrect

Coach
So regarding ticket scarcity, I know some folks who just started going to CommBank. These people NEVER watch rugby league, but they've jumped on the bandwagon well and truly. They've got their house decorated blue and gold! They wouldn't be able to name 3 players in the Eels 17!!! Meanwhile I've got a mate who has been a season ticket holder for 35 years who can't get tix.... That shit ain't right....

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
So regarding ticket scarcity, I got my youngest son and one of his mates tickets to the Parra v Panfers game at CommBank 6 weeks or whatever ago. His mates mum and dad and their other younger son tagged along as well. These people NEVER watch rugby league, but since that game, they've jumped on the bandwagon well and truly. They've got their house decorated blue and gold and now their bragging about having secured tix for the GF... They wouldn't be able to name 3 players in the Eels 17. It's purely a "I was there!! were you?" exercise... Meanwhile I've got a mate who has been a season ticket holder for 35 years who can't get tix.... That shit ain't right....
I guess the NRL are too gutless to quarantine 50% or more seats for members just in case two non Sydney teams don’t fill the stadium in the last week.

Agree, such a shame. I know a bunch of 30+ years members who have been left gobsmacked that only single seats were available 30mins after their exclusive member window was opened.

Glenneel

Bench
And we lose Reed in the first 10……

there is absolutely no minutes available for a 4th forward on the bench….

our edges pretty much play 80 mins, and there is no way we want to take them off unless it’s an injury..

Only leaves 240 mins for the remaining 6 forwards to cover the middle.

This is the current average mins from last 4 games:

Paulo - 55
RCG - 58
Marata - 42
Matterson - 57
Kaufusi - 36
3rd bench forward - 11

and edges:

Lane - 74
Papa - 77

none are playing crazy mins …..

If required due to an injury - We already have the ability to increase the minutes of the 3rd bench forward to 30 to 35 mins if required. While Kaufusi/Marata’s mins could also be increased 5 to 10 mins easily too. Others could be increased too

So so one of them is if we have a 4th bench forward how do we get them some mins? Seriously question who of those players would you reduce to get Cartwright onto the field as our 4th forward?
I'd start Nrown for 20 mins and then bring on RCG or Paulo so one of them is always on the park. And give both edge forwards a spell during match. And move Simonsson back instead of Waqa to catch Cleary's kicks - takes away one of their attacking options.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Scroll backwards. I said the same thing. Now you can offload them legit via Ticketek Marketplace. Capped at 10% profit. I bought my ticket through marketplace and it’s been reissued with my name on it.

it has "Gronk" on it ?

Phil Mann Stand

Juniors
I guess the NRL are too gutless to quarantine 50% or more seats for members just in case two non Sydney teams don’t fill the stadium in the last week.

Agree, such a shame. I know a bunch of 30+ years members who have been left gobsmacked that only single seats were available 30mins after their exclusive member window was opened.
It took me 7 minutes to get through on two devices and I could only get one ticket! I was happy and disappointed at the same time because I can't take my son.

Gronk

Staff member
I'd start Nrown for 20 mins and then bring on RCG or Paulo so one of them is always on the park. And give both edge forwards a spell during match. And move Simonsson back instead of Waqa to catch Cleary's kicks - takes away one of their attacking options.
We currently start with Reg, Jnr and Marata and I don't think that will change.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Is Marata too big for the 13 jersey or is it just superstitious that Matto has to wear 13 & Marata 17.

I think Penrith would be aware its happening so why not just name Marata at 13.

Chipmunk

Coach
Is Marata too big for the 13 jersey or is it just superstitious that Matto has to wear 13 & Marata 17.

I think Penrith would be aware its happening so why not just name Marata at 13.
I think we do it because 13 is a traditional starting jumper, and 14-17 are not. Essentially Matterson is a starter and we're doing it for tactical reasons for him not to start him. I don't see what the issue is

Gronk

Staff member
I see the Jake jokes are still being trotted out.

poo GIF

Gazzamatta

Coach
I see the Jake jokes are still being trotted out.

poo GIF
Its a long off season Gronky. Gotta get em while ya can mate. Although If BA lets one of our 6 or 7 go in favour of Jake look out. All hell will break loose. Id get to work now preparing your defence strategy should this eventuate. 😁