What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Rnd 1 vs Storm

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well here’s a stat for you in 2021 they missed the finals, yet in 2022 without him they made the finals. Amazing how you can use stats to suit an argument hey???
Do to really think it’s the same thing? He started 2022 in the 9 jersey. If he was so shit in 2021 (his statistically best season) Sticky could’ve started him on the bench or at lock.

Whether they missed the finals in 2021 could’ve been a lot of things. It’s not all about one player. But where a player gets picked is a lot more specific than the results for an entire team over a whole season.

No, you're getting a bit flustered mate! Time for the meds?

I only made the point that when you said here's a fact, you asked a question, and simply asked since when is a question a fact.

You attempted an off-kilter answer pretending that you can't have a question without a fact etc etc. So here's a question without a fact, if you needed a response to your waffling self-initiated dispute : "What's the weather like today?"

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do to really think it’s the same thing? He started 2022 in the 9 jersey. If he was so shit in 2021 (his statistically best season) Sticky could’ve started him on the bench or at lock.

Whether they missed the finals in 2021 could’ve been a lot of things. It’s not all about one player. But where a player gets picked is a lot more specific than the results for an entire team over a whole season.
Lol statistically 2021 was his best season, you are doing a great job proving stats are utter BS. In 2019 he was almost as good as Cameron Smith, in 2021 the Raiders were better with Starling on the field. As I said Stats Shats.

emjaycee

Coach
Lol statistically 2021 was his best season, you are doing a great job proving stats are utter BS. In 2019 he was almost as good as Cameron Smith, in 2021 the Raiders were better with Starling on the field. As I said Stats Shats.
Actually, Starling started 5 games at number 9 in 2021 and the Raiders lost 4 of them. He played in 19 games overall for a 7 win/12 loss season. Hodgson started in 19 of his 20 games for a 9/10 win loss season (10/10 for all games).

So by my reckoning, Starling starting had a 20% win record and Hodgson starting had a 47% win record.

#shatstats

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Actually, Starling started 5 games at number 9 in 2021 and the Raiders lost 4 of them. He played in 19 games overall for a 7 win/12 loss season. Hodgson started in 19 of his 20 games for a 9/10 win loss season (10/10 for all games).

So by my reckoning, Starling starting had a 20% win record and Hodgson starting had a 47% win record.

#shatstats
Well tell that to the Raiders fans who they preferred, they couldn’t wait to see the back of Hodgson but most of them were excited to get Ricky to the club.

I still think if he can stay fit he can offer us something. But let’s get serious he’s hardly the player he was in 2019 when he was almost the best dummy half in the game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, you're getting a bit flustered mate! Time for the meds?

I only made the point that when you said here's a fact, you asked a question, and simply asked since when is a question a fact.

You attempted an off-kilter answer pretending that you can't have a question without a fact etc etc.
No, I specifically said a Why question (e.g. “Why is <fact>?”

“Why?” by itself also refers to a fact. When it’s not included in the question merkins might ask “Why what?”

So here's a question without a fact, if you needed a response to your waffling self-initiated dispute : "What's the weather like today?"
You are really shit at this. What is a question that asks for a fact. The equivalent Why question relies on the fact, e.g. “Why is it so hot?”

Do better.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It just means he was playing in a better team in 2019. As I always tell you people, a player’s form depends heavily on his team.

No, I specifically said a Why question (e.g. “Why is <fact>?”

“Why?” by itself also refers to a fact. When it’s not included in the question merkins might ask “Why what?”

You are really shit at this. What is a question that asks for a fact. The equivalent Why question relies on the fact, e.g. “Why is it so hot?”

Do better.
"Why" can also be followed by an opinion, not a fact. For example, "Why do you keep digging yourself further into a hole?" It's not a "fact" (or stat) that you're digging yourself into a hole in this thread, but a (solid) opinion.

Just because you said "here's a fact", and then posited a "why' question which cited your opinion, doesn't automatically make your opinion a fact. However the nuance is probably lost when you seem very flustered, taking umbrage and hell-bent on not being questioned in any way. #medstime

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
"Why" can also be followed by an opinion, not a fact. For example, "Why do you keep digging yourself further into a hole?" It's not a "fact" (or stat) that you're digging yourself into a hole in this thread, but a (solid) opinion.
Sure, but you are at least claiming it as a fact. You are showing your understanding of the situation, explicitly along with asking Why.

Whether we agree with the facts is a separate matter, depending on verification, trust of sources and so on. It’s a separate issue.

If you don’t agree with my assertion of fact that 2021 was Hodgson’s statistically best year, that’s your business. I at least have evidence.
Just because you said "here's a fact", and then posited a "why' question which cited your opinion, doesn't automatically make your opinion a fact. However the nuance is probably lost when you seem very flustered, taking umbrage and hell-bent on not being questioned in any way. #medstime
See above.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How do you have a Why question without a fact ffs?

“Why do you stalk merkins’ wives on Facebook?” implies a fact about your use of social media. The question is related to that fact.
Casually threw in something about Casper the other week....Oh, I've heard he has moved to blah blah...Yeah, I bet you have you creepy merkin.

Latest posts