What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday Rnd 21 vs Sea Eagles 🦅

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think he looks tired at all. He is 23rd in the NRL for tackle breaks, defending at over 90% efficiency and is averaging over 110m per game, including 278m over the past fortnight. Also only missed one tackle from the last two games.

I would of thought the older players would,d get more tired.
Opacic however has outplayed him the last few weeks. I've been quite impressed by Opacic and the way he moves and reads the game. Id rather he stays in the side and Waqa on the wing.
Simmonson offers little compared to Waqa.

It does make 2023 interesting however. Dunster,Cini,Russel would all be gunning for a wing spot with Simonson. We could have 4 of the best NSW cup wingers going around.

Might mean Waqa has to go back to centre.

IFR33K

Coach
Its fuuny. People are complain8ng we wear our players out. Next minute, get Barlow back on FFS

Well I don’t think carrying a back on the bench is ideal. Nor is not playing brown. Paulo needs to play decent minutes because what’s the alternative?

Gronk

Staff member
The myth that people like Gronk propagate about Jakob Arthur is that he is "steady" and "never lets anyone down".

There is a difference between "steady" and being so slow as to be a complete handbrake in attack and a passenger in defence.

And as for never letting anyone down, what would you call it when someone has as abominable a win record as Jakob (when compared to our record without him)? Isn't that letting the team down?
Unsure why you elect talk about me instead of hitting reply and engaging in a cordial footy chat. I don’t bite. 🕷

Gronk

Staff member
I would of thought the older players would,d get more tired.
Opacic however has outplayed him the last few weeks. I've been quite impressed by Opacic and the way he moves and reads the game. Id rather he stays in the side and Waqa on the wing.
Simmonson offers little compared to Waqa.

It does make 2023 interesting however. Dunster,Cini,Russel would all be gunning for a wing spot with Simonson. We could have 4 of the best NSW cup wingers going around.

Might mean Waqa has to go back to centre.
Agree, that backline (with Moses) is our best by far.

TBH I don’t know what our 2023 team looks like. Opacic’s strength is shutting down his opposition. Waqa works best on the wing because the center position these days is is 75% defence and I’m not sure if Russell, Perham or Cini can do that job. Waqa is a f**king gun in attack and rucking the ball back.

I hope Cini gets the job and Waqa stays on the wing. Cini is a big body, has good pace and has a very good weaving run with a big palm in defenders faces.

I know Perham has fast feet and has done very well of late, but I don’t see him playing FG with a fit Russell, Dunster and Simonsson in NSW Cup.

Id like to see Russell as the full time No.1 in reggies ready to slot in if Gutho snaps anything.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree, that backline (with Moses) is our best by far.

TBH I don’t know what our 2023 team looks like. Opacic’s strength is shutting down his opposition. Waqa works best on the wing because the center position these days is is 75% defence and I’m not sure if Russell, Perham or Cini can do that job. Waqa is a f**king gun in attack and rucking the ball back.

I hope Cini gets the job and Waqa stays on the wing. Cini is a big body, has good pace and has a very good weaving run with a big palm in defenders faces.

I know Perham has fast feet and has done very well of late, but I don’t see him playing FG with a fit Russell, Dunster and Simonsson in NSW Cup.

Id like to see Russell as the full time No.1 in reggies ready to slot in if Gutho snaps anything.

I've heard Dunster say in an interview he would love to play centre at some stage and that's his goal. He has had plenty of time to hit the gym also and seems to read defense well.

emjaycee

Coach
2023 - Centre options:
- Penisini *
- Cini
- Blake
- Russel *
- Dunster *
- Loizou *

2023 Wing options
- Sivo
- Dunster
- Simonsson
- Russel
- Blake
- Loizou

2023 FB options
- Gutho
- Russel
- Simonsson

9 players for 5 spots so unless we have a repeat of injuries in the outside backs, we should be able to pull together a decent enough backline.

PS: @hindy111 - four of the nine are local juniors.

Gronk

Staff member
For what it’s worth, Dunster has only ever played wing going back to U15s.

Also, from Jersey Flegg team Rn 2018 Dylan, Stefano, Haze, Sean Keppie, Reed, Oregon and Salmon are playing NRL.

EEZ was playing prop for Bulldogs.

Brendan Hands was 7 for Penrith and Hopgood on the bench.

Gazzamatta

Coach
2023 - Centre options:
- Penisini *
- Cini
- Blake
- Russel *
- Dunster *
- Loizou *

2023 Wing options
- Sivo
- Dunster
- Simonsson
- Russel
- Blake
- Loizou

2023 FB options
- Gutho
- Russel
- Simonsson

9 players for 5 spots so unless we have a repeat of injuries in the outside backs, we should be able to pull together a decent enough backline.

I really hope Zac gets a chance but gee Im hoping big Sam L fires. This pair could be beauties. Russell has to come in somewhere. Hes the future for sure. You're assuming Perham wont be re signed?

emjaycee

Coach
I really hope Zac gets a chance but gee Im hoping big Sam L fires. This pair could be beauties. Russell has to come in somewhere. Hes the future for sure. You're assuming Perham wont be re signed?
Not assuming anything regarding signings, just listing the players we know will be here next year (unless released).

hindy111

Post Whore
2023 - Centre options:
- Penisini *
- Cini
- Blake
- Russel *
- Dunster *
- Loizou *

2023 Wing options
- Sivo
- Dunster
- Simonsson
- Russel
- Blake
- Loizou

2023 FB options
- Gutho
- Russel
- Simonsson

Do you think Simmonson is a genuine fullback option?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Unsure why you elect talk about me instead of hitting reply and engaging in a cordial footy chat. I don’t bite. 🕷
No teeth??? Very impressive Gronky.

No gag reflex I’m betting either???

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
2023 - Centre options:
- Penisini *
- Cini
- Blake
- Russel *
- Dunster *
- Loizou *

2023 Wing options
- Sivo
- Dunster
- Simonsson
- Russel
- Blake
- Loizou

2023 FB options
- Gutho
- Russel
- Simonsson

Loizou isn’t contracted for 2023 yet I think