What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 22 Vs Bunnies

It’s certainly not the only reason and there’s no silver bullet. In your circumstance, your health was the main driver but the fact you hated the cost surely made the decision easier. Taxation and regulation (smoking laws and advertising restrictions) are the most effective levers at a population level though. The link I provided above includes this graph from the US:

View attachment 64790

Even their relatively lower taxation policy indicates a correlation between price and sales.
I gave up once when living in a place where a pack was about $3 and you could smoke pretty much anywhere, including restaurants and bars.
There are some good correlations in that graph but I also note that the price has decreased in recent years but use is still falling off a cliff. I'm not saying tax isn't a deterrent as I'm sure it is but I think its effect is likely overstated.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I gave up once when living in a place where a pack was about $3 and you could smoke pretty much anywhere, including restaurants and bars.
There are some good correlations in that graph but I also note that the price has decreased in recent years but use is still falling off a cliff. I'm not saying tax isn't a deterrent as I'm sure it is but I think its effect is likely overstated.
I don’t think that’s correct (the price of cigarettes decreasing in the US).

39AE6BCE-59BD-4D94-B845-2053C01F6399.jpeg

I don’t think that’s correct (the price of cigarettes decreasing in the US).

View attachment 64791
I was going off your graph which showed a decrease or stabilisation around 2003-04 but use continuing to fall steeply.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I was going off your graph which showed a decrease or stabilisation around 2003-04 but use continuing to fall steeply.
That’s a very small timepoint in a trend graph that stretches across 37 years. In any case, the decline in sales slightly slows across those same years.

I read the first book only a couple of years ago and was unimpressed. I probably would’ve loved it when I was 13.

I first heard obsequious on a Steve Martin standup video back in the day, when he performed this song:

Yeah you're too old now. I think it was late teens I started and it was great but pretty soon went off the rails. He created a great world but lost track and then had the nerve to die.
Steve Martin is a legend though. I can even forgive him playing the banjo.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Allaned by fingers?
south park GIF