What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 22 Vs Bunnies

JokerEel

First Grade

Journalist Brent Read however revealed the salary cap is set to rise by $1.5 million at least for 2023 and beyond.

“We should say the cap hasn’t been set for next year and it will go up,” Read said.

“There is a big meeting on Thursday between the NRL and the club CEO’s about the salary cap.

“I think it will go up to at least $12 million next year.”

strider

Post Whore

Journalist Brent Read however revealed the salary cap is set to rise by $1.5 million at least for 2023 and beyond.

“We should say the cap hasn’t been set for next year and it will go up,” Read said.

“There is a big meeting on Thursday between the NRL and the club CEO’s about the salary cap.

Million dollar players now expect 1.3 million

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

How can they make a decision about the cap for 2023 at this late stage? We might have been able to keep Papali or Mahoney FFS!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Anyway, it means that the dogs and Tigers might have just thrown more at them as well but don’t understand f**king with the 2023 cap with only a handful of games and an off-season to go before it starts.

84 Baby

Referee
How can they make a decision about the cap for 2023 at this late stage? We might have been able to keep Papali or Mahoney FFS!
The more things change…
Surprised they didn’t announce the increase starts from 2022 season

Anyway, it means that the dogs and Tigers might have just thrown more at them as well but don’t understand f**king with the 2023 cap with only a handful of games and an off-season to go before it starts.
One of those teams was banking on the NRL caving like this and duck the consequences if they didn’t. Expect them to officially announce their new signings this week (possibly with a former coach photoshopped out)

strider

Post Whore
isn't this what always happens?

looks like Gus knows what he is doing - buy everyone then worry about the cap later (when it goes up)

hindy111

Post Whore
it really won't allow the clubs to prepare for next season

then again, Brent Read could be full of shit

I call bullshit. Clubs wouldn't be told 3mths prior to season ending.
I'd imagine they'd need some sort of 3yr plan in advance.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Maybe some clubs might have had a little inkling... or took an educated gamble?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they make the decision on how much to increase the 2023 cap by so late.

Latest posts