What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Round 11 vs Manly

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see Matto starting, overdue for mine.

Be glad when Perham is replaced by a bigger bloke who can jump, we let way too many tries on his side from bombs.

Carty I can take or leave, he probably needs a run as he cant sit on the bench all year and lose fitness. Good to see Niokore back, hope he's fit.

The Predictor

Juniors
All up played about 85mins. Has 3 LBAS and 2 x TAs. Tackling at 94%
I'd be prepared to give him a better run. Makatoa is a huge plodder. Yes he does a job. BUT WITH BROWN,MARATA AND KAFUSI on the bench not needed.
And Cartwright knows it in regards MM

The Predictor

Juniors
Not at all. I'm simply making the observation that when you have an erratic player like Cartwright (who looks to me like 'confidence' player) it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to sit him on the bench and give him hardly any game-time. It seems counter-intuitive to me.
You forgot who the coach is ? Jaky has had more game time 😳 but u are absolutely correct

Suitman

Post Whore
I did nothing of the sort. Lingard was claiming that when BA was forced to pick Carty because of injuries, that was wasn't given a fair go and that has eroded the guy's confidence.

Carty is not a teenager. He's an experienced NRL player and knows what it takes to be an NRL player. Facts are that if we had a full roster he wouldn't have been picked. Same goes with Rein. Both were bought as fill-ins, outside the top 17 by far.

Why sign him ? Because we need 30 players and might need to use them subject to injuries.
Why sign him if you don't use him?

emjaycee

Coach
Simmonson defense is good. He won't be dropped. Russels proven not much yet. He will gave to wait for injuries.
I kinda hope so too.
Very similar players and all Russel got the chance to prove is that he can finish well in the corner with an overlap.
But so can Perham.

hindy111

Post Whore
I did nothing of the sort. Lingard was claiming that when BA was forced to pick Carty because of injuries, that was wasn't given a fair go and that has eroded the guy's confidence.

Carty is not a teenager. He's an experienced NRL player and knows what it takes to be an NRL player. Facts are that if we had a full roster he wouldn't have been picked. Same goes with Rein. Both were bought as fill-ins, outside the top 17 by far.

Why sign him ? Because we need 30 players and might need to use them subject to injuries.

You reckon Bryce isn't on top 17 money? He would be on around 250k imo

the phantom menace

First Grade
Given Tuesday teamlists are usually cut and paste jobs, it's interesting to see the flagged changes Arthur has made in this list following our piss poor effort for most of the game against the Roosters.

- Matterson starting in the middle with Brown on the bench - long overdue, and should be good for both of them
- Niukore's long awaited return from the bench, and will provide the necessary cover for a mid-game backline injury
- Cartwright dumped down to where he rightfully sits in our selection pecking order (reggies) - if we're 1-17 on game day then I suspect we might see all 4 bench forwards get decent minutes too, now that recovery from injuries mean the 17th is of a better calibre?
- Russell and Sivo in the extended squad - I'd expect maybe Russell as a chance to be selected in Perham's place - but hopefully not as some way of Arthur managing to f**k up a potentially decent and usable four person bench.

And looking at the Manly squad and Turbo playing below par... surely with an effort like we've drawn on against Penrith and the Storm, we can smash this!