What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday vs Roosters - Arthur Beeston Shield !

hindy111

Post Whore
Sticky was kicking himself for not carrying a back in that press conference when he was whinging.

I guess coach feel Lussick is gash. Doesn't rate Rankin either.
So rather have a guy who may not play

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sticky was kicking himself for not carrying a back in that press conference when he was whinging.
I bet Arthur's wishes he'd had one (or two) on the bench when we lost both wingers during the semi final against Melbourne last year. The best teams are easily able to expose a forward defending in the three widest positions. Hookers are easier to replace mid-game, just throwing in another middle forward for defence with one of your spine players going to dummy half. You lose some attacking shape but it's not a vulnerability the way a missing outside back is.

Gronk

Staff member
What's the point? To reward Haze?

tenor.gif

I bet Arthur's wishes he'd had one (or two) on the bench when we lost both wingers during the semi final against Melbourne last year. The best teams are easily able to expose a forward defending in the three widest positions. Hookers are easier to replace mid-game, just throwing in another middle forward for defence with one of your spine players going to dummy half. You lose some attacking shape but it's not a vulnerability the way a missing outside back is.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon if Mahoney or Moses were unavailable those two would be straight into the starting side.

Nah. W.Smith would take the role firstly. Id also say if Moses was out Cartwright and Matterson would move into the halves role before Rankin

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nah. W.Smith would take the role firstly. Id also say if Moses was out Cartwright and Matterson would move into the halves role before Rankin
The thing is, with Moses out we would lose so much kicking, and Rankin is better at that than anyone else in our top 17. As for Will Smith, he's a decent attacking hooker, but for low risk service with long minutes defending in the middle, Lussick would be better. Smith is best off the bench or replacing Drown in that supporting role with solid edge defence.

emjaycee

Coach
Umm, can you please be more specific about the press conference Ricky was whinging in.
I can't find just the one.

hindy111

Post Whore
The thing is, with Moses out we would lose so much kicking, and Rankin is better at that than anyone else in our top 17. As for Will Smith, he's a decent attacking hooker, but for low risk service with long minutes defending in the middle, Lussick would be better. Smith is best off the bench or replacing Drown in that supporting role with solid edge defence.

D.Brown and Guth would do kicking.

Latest posts