What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday vs Storm - Friday 8:00pm

Wally21

Bench
So here goes a massive whinge. Clint Newton is doing nothing for the cause here. The fact that they are talking about boycotting the Daly M, tells me how out of touch he is, (or his advisors are).
Honestly, the RLPA leadership are so out of touch.
goes to show, a big mouth with a big ego doesn’t necessarily make a great Leader

T.S Quint

Coach
So here goes a massive whinge. Clint Newton is doing nothing for the cause here. The fact that they are talking about boycotting the Daly M, tells me how out of touch he is, (or his advisors are).
Honestly, the RLPA leadership are so out of touch.
goes to show, a big mouth with a big ego doesn’t necessarily make a great Leader

Out of touch with who?

Gronk

Staff member
The RLPA are on a hiding to nothing when the means to get their message out there are distorting what the actual dispute is all about. Listen to merkins on 360 and you're going to LOL at everything about the player union and brand this as a waste of time run by amateurs.

I can see who is winning the publicity campaign. The NRL are sitting back and letting their broadcast partners tear them to shreds.

Does the RLPA actually get a fair opportunity to reply without being spoken over the top of ? Nope.

the phantom menace

First Grade
By instituting a media ban on game days, the RLPA have shot themselves in the foot and lost their best chance at getting their message across (in post-game interviews, when everyone is watching). Otherwise people generally don't/won't give a shit.

Trent Robinson did better than the RLPA have when responding to a question about these issues in the post-game presser, even though (by necessity) he was putting across a neutral position.

TheRam

Coach
I do think that it’s not fair to call the players a bunch of greedy merkins just because they won’t strike.

Going on strike affects many people within the game, not just the players. It’s not an easy outcome to come to.

No it is a very easy outcome to come to. Just sign the agreement and get on with it you greedy merkins.

They have gotten most of what they wanted, now they just want full control. Well I say fu*k them. I would start docking them now for breach of contract a percentage of their wages. The more they dig in the more I dock. It's up to them to come to the table and sign from here on in.

The game can not survive if it bows to the players extortive demands. The pie is there for every generation to keep growing it, not for these current merkins to hobble it for their own short term gain and greed.

Strike if you want, but that only ends with them killing the golden goose and they will never recoup their losses ever. So yeah go for it. Lets see how well it turns out when the salary cap needs to be readjusted(shrunk) for the new revised television agreements and the lower ratings that will inevitably follow and our competitors subsequent increased strength being the beneficiary just like during the SL war.

Consequences. Even if the players were to win in the end, they would have damaged themselves so much in the public opinion stakes and their own salaries that in their playing time they will never get back what they lost.

Consequences.

TheRam

Coach
The RLPA are on a hiding to nothing when the means to get their message out there are distorting what the actual dispute is all about. Listen to merkins on 360 and you're going to LOL at everything about the player union and brand this as a waste of time run by amateurs.

I can see who is winning the publicity campaign. The NRL are sitting back and letting their broadcast partners tear them to shreds.

Does the RLPA actually get a fair opportunity to reply without being spoken over the top of ? Nope.

They have had ample to to reply mate. There is nothing more to this then a power grab and that's why the aren't making themselves clear as what they want out of these discussions. There is no advantage for them to do that.

I mean if there are 3 loafs of bread and you want 2 of them but the baker is only willing to give you one, then that is fairly obvious and clear in what is in dispute here, right?

But if you want to have power over the baker and the bakery itself and have the power to distribute all the breads to whoever and whenever you want, then that is a little different and it would behoove you to not make this to clear till it was all agreed and signed upon.

This is not as hard as they make out it is. Need I say it again?

Power...power...power...power...power...power...power...power...power...power...power...power...power...power.............

the phantom menace

First Grade
The game can not survive if it bows to the players extortive demands. The pie is there for every generation to keep growing it, not for these current merkins to hobble it for their own short term gain and greed.
american pie this one time at band camp GIF by IFC