What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Week 1 finals Eels v Knights | Sunday 4pm

strider

Post Whore
I'd like to see Papa come off the bench .... Marata start on the edge

Papa is a decent edge defender but marata is better .... Papa can be destructive out wide, but is great up the guts too

I think our 1-7 is practically set in stone - surely WillP gets the gig over Opa

8. Paulo
9. Lussick
10. RCG
11. Marata
12. Matto
13. Nrown

14. WillS - purely to cover any back injury and dummy half
15. Papa - bench impact up the guts
16. Lane - covers middle and edge
17. Oregan/Carty

Carty can be a real difference in attack - but he seems to be a bit hit and miss - so I think he misses out

I'd like to see Papa come off the bench .... Marata start on the edge

Papa is a decent edge defender but marata is better .... Papa can be destructive out wide, but is great up the guts too

I think our 1-7 is practically set in stone - surely WillP gets the gig over Opa

8. Paulo
9. Lussick
10. RCG
11. Marata
12. Matto
13. Nrown

14. WillS - purely to cover any back injury and dummy half
15. Papa - bench impact up the guts
16. Lane - covers middle and edge
17. Oregan/Carty

Carty can be a real difference in attack - but he seems to be a bit hit and miss - so I think he misses out
You're got Penisini starting and at 14? Oh Will S, yeah fair enough. But I'd probably have Carty in.

strider

Post Whore
You're got Penisini starting and at 14? Oh Will S, yeah fair enough. But I'd probably have Carty in.
If we lost Lussick we'd be rooted without Will Smith

He is a really solid defender and while not a great dummy half, adequate for cover if needed

I'd like Carty to play, but I think it ends up a choice of him or 221,000 sq miles

yy_cheng

Coach
For some reason, I think ba said to the boys yesterday, this is your rehearsal to see what the pecking order is when 1 of the 1st team is injured

King-Gutho94

Coach
The 2001 GF will get a mention numerous times this week i think unfortunately. Especially as we will be favourites. It was the last time we played them in a final.

Time for revenge

hindy111

Post Whore
Well your boy JFH was pretty much contained after the first 10 minutes. Probably a bit scared to run the ball with any sort of venom after getting belted a few times. 94m from 14 runs with only 35pcm. Compare that with Maka who had 173m from 21 runs, including 62pcm (2nd highest of all forwards). He bends the line plenty.

Do people feel Penrith went ful pelt? Foolish. They played at about 50% intensity and plotted along. They could of buried us by about 80 if wanted. Was just to get a few miles in legs and combos going.

strider

Post Whore
Do people feel Penrith went ful pelt? Foolish. They played at about 50% intensity and plotted along. They could of buried us by about 80 if wanted. Was just to get a few miles in legs and combos going.
*plodded

probably not full tilt - but I doubt they went out there and didn't try much ..... our inexperienced guys turned up and belted them until we got pooped

hindy111

Post Whore
*plodded

probably not full tilt - but I doubt they went out there and didn't try much ..... our inexperienced guys turned up and belted them until we got pooped

What did Penriths forwards have to play for? Training session. Those set plays off the scrum for a try was laughable. Toyed with us all game is all.
But who from that side is in our best 17?

Lane,Fergo,Kafusi,Cartwright,W.Smith
Prob 4 make our best 17. And 3 on the bench. I'd guess those are our worse players in our best 17 also.

emjaycee

Coach
Well according to the Fox commentators, Penrith were just phenomenal and showed all their class. Thank god they didn't play at their full intensity or Ennis would have had a stroke (or at least a different kind of stroke to the one he had while commentating).

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought our D (except for the edges of cause) handled their forwards comfortably. Another forward, ElZakim (sp) could have made a big difference. Injurys to Big O and Hippy didnt help either. Also Russell on the wing in pace of Fergo and any Rouse Hill Rhino center instead of Oldfield would have tightened things up.

strider

Post Whore
What did Penriths forwards have to play for? Training session. Those set plays off the scrum for a try was laughable. Toyed with us all game is all.
But who from that side is in our best 17?

Lane,Fergo,Kafusi,Cartwright,W.Smith
Prob 4 make our best 17. And 3 on the bench. I'd guess those are our worse players in our best 17 also.
do you reckon liam martin has anything but a top gear? Leota similar ... To'o probably doesn't know how to not go hard

Gronk

Staff member
What’s the side….

1. Gutho
2. Dunster
3. Blake
4. Will
5. Fergo
6. Drown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Lussick
10. RCG
11. Matterson
12. Marata
13. Nrown

14. Kaufusi/Smith/Stone
15. Cartwright
16. Papa
17. Lane
Big improvement to the side we trotted out vs Souths in semis last year.

1. Gutho
2. Gennings
3. Blake
4. Taka
5. Dunster (debut)
6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Reg
9. Rheed
10. Jnr
11. Lane
12. Matto
13. Brown

14. Smith
15. Davey
16. Evans
17. Stone.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well according to the Fox commentators, Penrith were just phenomenal and showed all their class. Thank god they didn't play at their full intensity or Ennis would have had a stroke (or at least a different kind of stroke to the one he had while commentating).

They looked rubbish the 25mins I watched.

hindy111

Post Whore
do you reckon liam martin has anything but a top gear? Leota similar ... To'o probably doesn't know how to not go hard

2 x over rated forwards imo. Just in a great side.

On Too he is young. I'm sure he will learn a little control down there.

Latest posts