What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list vs Dragons

Gronk

Staff member
I tend to think Smith is "backup" for Salmon and, in need, he can cover hooker if required as well. Not many people seem to like Smith but there is no doubt he is a handy back up because of the number of positions he can cover -- fullback, wing, half back and hooker.. Smart move BA.

Yep Stagger n you are right. Smith is there as rookie cover.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Smiths last few games were French Like. Dragons have forward strength. All hands on deck and the more forwards to cover that the better I reckon.

The only other players he could name besides Smith are Davis, GL & Hoffman who is coming back from injury. Just because he has the 14 on his back it doesn't mean he will play. although I think he will

JokerEel

Coach
We’ve got a 6 who’s making is nrl run on debut.... can you guarantee he can last 80 in his first hitout?

I kinda understand why BA has chosen smith

I cant even if Salmon goes off after 50 minutes move Norman to 5/8 Taka to centers Gutho to fullback..

SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noise

Coach
Lol Will Smith.

With Norman at fullback I wonder if he will still interchange with Hayne like Gutho has been doing on set starts. I hope so, but can’t imagine Norman moving out there

hindy111

Post Whore
We’ve got a 6 who’s making is nrl run on debut.... can you guarantee he can last 80 in his first hitout?

I kinda understand why BA has chosen smith

But with Taka on bench he has insurance. Norman back to halves and gutherson to fullback.
I am confused with the fact whwre does he see Gutherson next year? If centre then fine. If fullback then wtf is BA doing. What is his plan lng term with Hayne if he is tp sign? Wing then fine. If centre then fmd.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The only other players he could name besides Smith are Davis, GL & Hoffman who is coming back from injury. Just because he has the 14 on his back it doesn't mean he will play. although I think he will

None can play hooker (or in the halves) but!!

Let’s not forget Mahoney is still a rookie too, only 1 full game to his name.

Additionally if we loose a half, Smith wouId go to fullback not the halves (or wing which he has before).

Gazzamatta

Coach
I love the backline. Potentially the best defensive backline we can field. Im excited. I reckon Gutho will be a real plus in the centers. Love Hayne on the wing. Best wing combination all year.