What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list vs Panthers thread - Rnd 11

Gazzamatta

Coach
Review recognises a need for Eels to become a development club.
Season starts with 4 promising juniors revitalising our 2018 roster. Training reports are of youthful exuberance bringing massive positives to our roster.
Drown suffers stress fracture as a result of over training.
Stone gets one or two games, minimal minutes never to be seen again.
Salmon selected at 5/8 after training entire pre season as centre. Performs at NRL standard then dropped for Smith who hadn't played a game all season. A position opens in the centers but Salmon remains relegated.
Kafusi plays minimal minutes and performs at NRL standard but is dropped for a player who will retire at seasons end.
In reality this season will probably be 50/50 at best. Why are we once again ignoring youth? Arent we building for the future? Im surprised but I guess they know what they are doing better than I.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Review recognises a need for Eels to become a development club.
Season starts with 4 promising juniors revitalising our 2018 roster. Training reports are of youthful exuberance bringing massive positives to our roster.
Drown suffers stress fracture as a result of over training.
Stone gets one or two games, minimal minutes never to be seen again.
Salmon selected at 5/8 after training entire pre season as centre. Performs at NRL standard then dropped for Smith who hadn't played a game all season. A position opens in the centers but Salmon remains relegated.
Kafusi plays minimal minutes and performs at NRL standard but is dropped for a player who will retire at seasons end.
In reality this season will probably be 50/50 at best. Why are we once again ignoring youth? Arent we building for the future? Im surprised but I guess they know what they are doing better than I.
Development club with a coach who doesn’t like playing young guys. In all his time here he has always gone an old past it has been over the young option. Even last year he resisted giving young blokes a go till he had no choice.

hindy111

Post Whore
With MJ,N.Brown and Tepai out I am guessing BA wanted experience.

On Salmon - Done little to convince he would be better then those chosen. I prefer W.Smith.

Kafusi is odd but my guess is to develop he needs 50+ mins a game. BA doesn't think he is capable of that at NRL level. Playing 15-20mins a game wouldn't be good for development.....