What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list

imasharkie

Coach
every week I look at our team list with hope in my heart that a certain player won't be listed.
I wonder why Mr. Stuart is ignoring Stapo, he is ten times the player who is haunting my team.
As much as I hate to say it I hope we get smashed this week and maybe this would cause Mr.Stuart great embarassment and he seeks to leave early and takes Fergo and BP with him.

shark 101

Juniors
why does matt wright keep getting played at five-eight? Started there ate U 20s and now nsw cup. Was rated one of the best young centres coming through. Made all the junior rep sides playing centre and they keep playing him five-eight?

Ima... bias aside... the Pomm has been VERY good since his come back from injury.

I was one of his biggest critics but he has been playing VERY well both defensively and offensively.

He looks ungainly still and I am struggling to be confident in him... but credit where credit is due...

Ima... bias aside... the Pomm has been VERY good since his come back from injury.

I was one of his biggest critics but he has been playing VERY well both defensively and offensively.

He looks ungainly still and I am struggling to be confident in him... but credit where credit is due...

It pains me greatly to say this but..........................I concur.

imasharkie

Coach

He still has that bad habit of stepping back inside every time he gets the ball. Every opposition coach and player knows this and acts accordingly. If he has to be in 1st grade he should be gracing the bench spot as a back up forward. Stapo has natural speed unlike the duffer who thinks by stepping back inside he can create a break or is he just to slow and uncordinated....mmm me thinks so.

millersnose

Post Whore
stapo has indeed been a disappointment

still he didnt really get settled into any position as he was caught up in rickies panic selection era

its great to see ricky stick with the same squad - its the best one available

+1

The time off and the surgery to his hand has certainly freshened him up and he is playing with more confidence.

Anyone else here think that Aiton has overtaken Morris as starting hooker?

I just think we look more dangerous and get more momentum when he is on.

Seeing Pom and Collis seem to have the centre spots there's at present how about geeting a bit more mobility in our pack by putting Morris at lock, Gal and Toops in the second row and Millington on the bench?

Flanagan could get promoted onto the bench to give Aiton a small breather.

Anyone else here think that Aiton has overtaken Morris as starting hooker?

I just think we look more dangerous and get more momentum when he is on.

Seeing Pom and Collis seem to have the centre spots there's at present how about geeting a bit more mobility in our pack by putting Morris at lock, Gal and Toops in the second row and Millington on the bench?

Flanagan could get promoted onto the bench to give Aiton a small breather.

Sounds good to me.

Methinks Sticky does not rate Aiton as highly in the defensive work early on but he seemed to go OK in that department for Penrith last year.

Eion

First Grade
Sounds good to me.

Methinks Sticky does not rate Aiton as highly in the defensive work early on but he seemed to go OK in that department for Penrith last year.
Maybe Aiton needs to hold a press conference saying the club sucks and he's walking because sticky is. That'll get him starting.

millersnose

Post Whore
its actually smart having a nippier player to throw on fresh

let morris do the hard tackling in the opening session

bring on someone with spark when the opp is tiring

it has been working and a good selection strategy by ricky

is also covering a halfback in case the form of smith continues to be poor

mortz

aiton had sh*t knees and surgery in the off season, also he gives us a nice spark coming off the bench
dont change things too much

its actually smart having a nippier player to throw on fresh

let morris do the hard tackling in the opening session

bring on someone with spark when the opp is tiring

it has been working and a good selection strategy by ricky

is also covering a halfback in case the form of smith continues to be poor

Fair enough millers.

But we always seem to be chasing games and getting slow starts.

Why not get someone like Aiton to get us starting a million miles an hour get the opposition on the back foot and gain the early initiative.

Then get the opposition playing catch up football.

I just think Morris is best used as a utility these days.

Give us some mobility in the back row.

Fill in at half when Smith goes off the boil.

Fill in at centre if we have an injury or need to mix it up.

Go to hooker if we want to tighten our defence.

And I think Flanagan is such a waste in N.S.W Cup for us.

Put him on the bench and put him on for a 20 to 30 minute spell late in the 1st half till early to mid way of the second half. And for that length of time he can keep the tempo well up for us.

We certainly aren't going well enough to stick with the same make up of the team and same tactics. To do that would be saying that's all we got. I still think we've got other tactics to explore.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Stapleton is playing wounded and can't cope with the speed of NRL. He's out of favour anyway and will be released at season's end.

Next

samshark

Juniors
Assuming they can all find clubs for the right money. They are all under contract. Not just gonna walk.