What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List

N.C.

Juniors
f**k you guys are a bunch of weak f**ken softcocks.

Its a good team.
Keep up the good work, brother. It's nice to see someone in here who is able to hold an opinion...

PS It's a shit side, but at least that backline has finally been given a bit of a shake. But...

Moltzen v Bowen
Ryan v Tate
Ayshford v Thurston
Marshall v Thompson

Well now is as good a time as any to play these guys out of position, I guess...?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just when i thought our threequarter line couldn't get any slower

Just when i thought we couldn't f**k up the halves any further.

Just when i thought 5 of our 6 forwards had earnt their positions.

Just when i thought Sheens had started to pick a good bench

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just when i thought our threequarter line couldn't get any slower

Just when i thought we couldn't f**k up the halves any further.

Just when i thought 5 of our 6 forwards had earnt their positions.

Just when i thought Sheens had started to pick a good bench

I would hazard a guess that Humble is there should Farah not back up from Origin. Find it odd that Reddy has backed right out to 18th man after weeks of re-organising the starting line up to accommodate him.

Should Farah be fine, Reddy will move onto the bench for Humble which is a shame because I'm sure this is the only side in the NRL where you can play your guts out and still get f**king shafted to make room for someone who is barely carrying their weight.

Why doesn't Curtis just start, and play on the left? Station Lawrence and Fulton with him and limit his defensive work.

I was thinking that Reddy is there should Lawrence not be good to go after his injury. Either way you need 3 forwards on the bench at least. Even with Sironen and Reddy on the bench, if Woods or Galloway get injured early we are screwed, basically playing with 1 forward on the bench for most of the game.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Its pretty hard to choose a bench for any injury that could happen.

Yet that's EXACTLY what Sheens does every week with a back on the bench. He covers for a back, but never for a forward.

Using those exact same players, surely this side is more logical:

1. Moltzen
2. Ryan
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Sironen
7. Marshall
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Blair
12. Fulton
13. Bell

14. Humble
15. Utai
16. Heighington
17. BMM

18. Reddy

If you don't want to start Siro then swap him for Humble.

Utai on the bench is basically an extra forward.

people here arecomplaining about heighnington,ryan and ayshford when we have guys like Moltzen and Lote doing nothing week in and week out

the bench is fine imo bell and murdoch will prop an after 20 aysh will go into the fowards when siro coms on after 20
I think Humble is there to give farah a rest after origin,i would of perer moors but i see why sheens choose him

Tiger05

First Grade
Yet that's EXACTLY what Sheens does every week with a back on the bench. He covers for a back, but never for a forward.

Using those exact same players, surely this side is more logical:

1. Moltzen
2. Ryan
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Sironen
7. Marshall
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Blair
12. Fulton
13. Bell

14. Humble
15. Utai
16. Heighington
17. BMM

18. Reddy

If you don't want to start Siro then swap him for Humble.

Utai on the bench is basically an extra forward.

We should see that team at some point. This way Sirro gets to come on slowly - why force him out there. Who knows he might start but this way some of the pressure gets taken off him.

The same players are there - lets see how they go.

Tiger05

First Grade
the bench is fine imo bell and murdoch will prop an after 20 aysh will go into the fowards when siro coms on after 20
I think Humble is there to give farah a rest after origin,i would of perer moors but i see why sheens choose him

As I said before - its a good team.

Sheens is also experimenting - it is f**ken great. Give the guy some credit. Benji gets to stay at half which to me is a good thing. Robbie comes back into the squad. Ryan in the centres I think will make us a little quicker plus we get Utai and Lote returning the ball for us from the start and if they play like last week along with Moltzen we should start our sets off pretty strongly.

The back 3 are hopeless when he comes to catching kicks however at some point they will get it right and then things will look a lot better.

broncos2010

Juniors
FFS who names 2 outside backs on the bench ?

I just don't understand sheens, since when is Benji the best option at 7 for west tigers and now ayshford is a five eight ?

Ayshford has played all over the shop in the last season wing, centre ,2nd row , bench utility , five eight lol

I think if sheens actually named the same team every week and everyone in position it would help.

Also its pretty clear humble should be 7 and benji 6 but now wade is back and he will go to fullback soon I will guess and moltzen to 7.

I just don't understand sheens, since when is Benji the best option at 7 for west tigers and now ayshford is a five eight ?

Ayshford has played all over the shop in the last season wing, centre ,2nd row , bench utility , five eight lol

I think if sheens actually named the same team every week and everyone in position it would help.

Also its pretty clear humble should be 7 and benji 6 but now wade is back and he will go to fullback soon I will guess and moltzen to 7.

Good to see this is visible to fans outside of WT. I thought we were suffering from some sort of collective insular delusion.

Ayshford has played at 5/8 a few times for us,played some juniors there too hes moe than capable
plus hes only going to be there for the first 20 than siro will come on,well i at last hope thats sheens gameplan

Radical Rat

Juniors
Ridiculous side. Maybe things will work out when everyone re shuffles throughout the game, but why over complicate things.

Woods is going to be playing the full 80 with that side. He's capable but geez Sheens is looking at burning him out.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ayshford has had 3 games at five eighth

2009 - Round 12 - Lost to Warriors 0-14 (A) - Benji at 7, J.Morris at 9
2009 - Round 15 - Lost to Melbourne 12-14 (A) - Benji at 7, J.Morris at 9
2010 - Round 16 - Lost to Dragons 10-34 (A) - Benji at 7, Farah at 9

hybrid_tiger

Coach
people here arecomplaining about heighnington,ryan and ayshford when we have guys like Moltzen and Lote doing nothing week in and week out

Heighington has done nothing for a long while.

It is criminal that he waltzes straight back into the side when Bell is a BIG part of the reason our defense has improved in leaps and bounds over the past month.

super_coach

First Grade
Heighington has done nothing for a long while.

It is criminal that he waltzes straight back into the side when Bell is a BIG part of the reason our defense has improved in leaps and bounds over the past month.

Dont have a problem with it as long as Sheens gives them both a fair go, but people have been known to get piles sitting on the bench waiting for their calling from the supercoach.

Latest posts