What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team LWOS Unite!!!

K

Kipper

Ifthe expertssayThe Weakest Link is potentially soul destroying, what would they think of this comp?!

Suddenly all theback-slappingin close-knit places like this("you're the best poster!","No, *you're* the best!", "You're both great!", "Well, you're the most improved..."and so on until tissues are needed), goes on the line. Like real league, it looks like you'll needabattle-scarredhardnessor some bloody special talent if you want to emerge with your ego intact. Also likereal league,I've learned frommyadolescence andhope togetmy vicarious kicks from the sidelines...
emwink.gif

The only possible flawI can seeisthe age-old one ofthevotersbeing sucked in bywhat they want to hear.Someone like Mystery Man, whodoesn't suffer fools and alwayscalls it exactly how he sees it, mightbe treated poorlybecause of this.If the likes of MattO are judging, my money's definitely on a misty-eyedcall to arms for league's impending worlddominationgetting the nod overone of MM'scerebral laments.

Is CyberKev keen? I'd love to see himrepresentingLWOS- not only is hePhD smarthe also has a certain humorous charm about him,which makes forvery broad appeal to the judges.

imported_bronco

Juniors
Kipper there are a set of 8 referees for the competition although I think it will be extended to 9 now with the Bluebags added to the comp.
I know Yakstorm, Moonfire and Paul Dunn(runs the comp) are all in the referees so their all fair blokes. All referees are neutral but that still doesn't garuntee biased calls. One thing is certain Matto doesn't have anything to do with the running of the comp or in refereeing. His only involvment is in the Canterbury team.

J

Johnsy

Hi Steve
Sorry about the less frequent airing of my thoughts over th last few months, things are changing in my life, but I will be back regularly shortly. I want to be a reserve, only needed maybe once a year say as an impact player if things get a bit grim. Looking forward to the start of the year, and also an improved showing from the mighty ones. Ciao all, until some time soon.
Johnsy

OK,
The Knights seem to have their team organised so i'm available for the reserves bench if needed.
Sorry to take so long to get on board, but club loyalty comes first.

OK...Looks like the team is complete!

-Moff (team mgr)
-Bronco (team mgr)
-Dog
-Ozbash
-Willow
-Gorilla
-Pepe
-GavBT
-Space Monkey
-Roopy

Starting side will be determined later. Im still not 100% sure about a couple of people in the side, so, keep the nominations coming in and im sure a spot can be found if need be....

Cheers Team Bags!

Moff.

I appreciate the kind words, guys, but I'm not willing to commit myself for 30 weeks of the year. I don't feel like I'd be able to do the team justice if I was tocompete, as I'll be too busylater in the year to do the best that I'm capable of.

To me, the competition is way too long. If it was a shorter season I might consider it, but, as it stands, it is too big a commitment. I hope you all realise what you're getting yourselves into.

Good luck.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
MM makes a fair point. Thats why I was suggesting a few more reserves.

Bronco and MFC, I understand that once the team often is set that it can't be changed? Is that correct?
That being the case, I can see a number of sides being unable to field a full team before long. I wonder if they can allowteams to call up some recruits from the 2nds.

O

ozbash

stuff em, they lose by default in that case.
does any of you smarter people know where/what website this is going to be done from ?
i mean,will there be home and away comps.???
we have to adopt a killer attitude,take no prisoners,no more mr nice guys,i would like to see john h rico in our squad with his bug zapper.
forum pride is at stake and for this member,its stronger than national pride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LWOS !!

I believe so Willow, but in reality, we only need 7 of our 10 players to be available everyweek. We can chop and change between the 10 all we want. And from my understanding, its only 1 post a week with a max of 500 words, so its not exactly a mammoth responsibility. If 'injury' does occur to one player, im sure that at least the Canterbury side have a 'reserve reserve' player in the squad. So yeah, i dont think it will be terribly strenuous...

Also, any team swapping will be dealt with most harshly, probably with a stay of one week in the LWOS Dungeon, run by good old Ozbash himself ;)

Moff.

CyberKev006

Juniors
Is CyberKev keen? I'd love to see himrepresentingLWOS- not only is hePhD smarthe also has a certain humorous charm about him,which makes forvery broad appeal to the judges.

Send me in, Kip, I'm ready to play, today!
emteeth.gif

I'm not sure that the PhD grounding wouldn't be a hindrance with this sort of thing, but I'm not averse to getting down and dirty when the knees start lifting and the elbows get to raising...

The word around the traps is that I'm GONE and there may be more than just a smidgen of truth to the slur, but you don't need a tertiary education and a poncey turn of phrase to slip a few greenbacks under the right table at the appropriate time...

I draw the line at begging, but I'll let this pass as a mere expression of interest... Am ready to sign, not too proud for the bench, will accept orange cutting duties, but won't stoop to washing the jockstraps... Unless Ozbash is right there beside me with the lemon-scented preen... Everyone knows that Kiwis make for good scrubbers!

Now, what was I signing-on for again?
CyberKev

L

legend

All the best for the long and arduous journey ahead and I hope you manage to bring back the silverware. We might have to make a trophy cabinet messageboard for complete bragging rights.

No worries legend, we are doing this as much for LWOS as for the Bluebags! It looks to be a great challenge, the offer still stands if u wish to proceed into the train on squad....Training looks like beginning tomorrow down at Henson Park, i expect all to be present, including our British and Kiwi compadres....

Train On Squad:

-Moff (team mgr)
-Bronco (team mgr)
-Dog
-Ozbash
-Willow
-Gorilla
-Pepe
-GavBT
-Space Monkey
-Roopy
-Cyber Kev
-Johnsy
-Kipper (?)
-Legend (?)

Bugga me, we got 2 squads here! Remember, its not alot of effort, just one post a week with a word allocation between 200-500....Not very demanding!!

Moff.

ex-manager

Juniors
Why can't we organise another team, we have enough players.

BTW, what will the train on squad be up to at Henson Park tomorrow?

Gav, 2 teams is on the cards if everyone is willing to split it up. Should we put all eggs in one basket or spread the talented posters amongst the 2 groups?? And also, the 2nd side will need a new team...Hunter Mariners i hear?? lol

It will be a tough workout @ Henson tomorrow. Being Team Manager, i only think it fair that i advise all training activities
emwink.gif
. I think we can begin with a 10km run, followed by a 1/2 hour of intense debating in groups of 2. This will be followed by a quick game of backyard cricket (at which point I will enter proceedings), then followed by a schooner or 2 at Newtown Leagues Club....

Moffo.

imported_bronco

Juniors
MFC 2 teams is not on the cards because 18 teams is their final number and they've started writing up the draw which is taking a while, their not splitting it up just for us sorry guys.

Theres 14 guys there so we need the 10 most comitted people, simple as that.

ex-manager

Juniors
In that case if it's just one team I am definately only worthy of a bench place. Besides, it's a long trek for me just to get to Henson Park. Can't you make it Wheat Park instead?
emwink.gif

Wheat Park?? Welll......i guess so, dunno how ill make the track there but ill be there ;)

The Top 7?? Geez, i know i wouldn't be there, it would really be quite hard to select a top 7....Something im not going to do!!

Thats a bugger Bronco, looks like rationalism is in order! Damn

Cheers,
MFC.

Well, being a local junior I'm prepared to go to Henson or the Tempe club, but I'm also about to go away for a week so the timing (for me) needs to beafterwards. Who lives nearby for a drink, maybe later in the 'season' before/or after a match (shite, no games at Kogarah...) God, what about a 'bags game ?
Moffo, I like the idea of the 10m run... As for postng during the season, you know the old cliche about a room full of monkeys and typewritiers and them producing shakespeare,. well.. that'sall you'd expect from monkey - simple buggers.
200 - 500 words a week is OK by me, I can post throughout the season - that's how many 'opporuntites' I have in my life this next 5 years.

Blue bags - owls ?
fetch.dll

Yes ! the mascot !
And for the stranger ones - blue owls and gorillas
www.gorillatheatre.org/GorillaBlueOwl.htm

Latest posts