What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next week v Dragons

CJKnight

Juniors
Mal said:
Imo mad dog should be put in the centres with tighe to the wing.Did brian smith not see how well macdougall performed in the centres at souths?He is one of the best attacking players in the game why have him standing out on the wing doing nothing.Another thing i dont understand is why have kurt gidley who is up there with simmo and buderus as the knights best defenders at fullback.The amount of defence he does around the halves is enough indication to me that he should atleast be put in the centres aswell.Milton thaiday should also be given a chance to prove himself at the top level.The way he started off last season had everyone talking about him playing origin untill injury robbed him of the chance.And another thing,i am not having a shot at smithy i am just voiceing my thoughts as all supporters do.Cheers.

Nice to have you posting Mal.

Personally I would like to see Doogs in the centres. He would see alot more ball there IMO.

Having said that, I think playing him at winger is not a total loss, his kick-returns are always strong. As is his dummy-half running when the forwards are still getting back onside.

I agree with you about Kidley too. Having that extra defence and experience out wide would help IMO. Thiaday, Hinton, and Polglase have all played FG fullback and each deserves a shot at the #1 in their own right. Just my preference for Kidley in the centres I suppose, I still think Roopy hit the nail on the head. Smith has a plan for using Kidley at Fullback.

Burwood

Bench
It was unusual for both Tighe and McManus to be on the same side of the field. Thought Smith might have paired them with the two more experienced campaigners.

katestar676

Juniors
I doubt it will happen but on ten news Joey said he wants to try and be back for this weekend but I can't see them risking him.

roopy

Referee
katestar676 said:
I doubt it will happen but on ten news Joey said he wants to try and be back for this weekend but I can't see them risking him.
They give all the players a pre season cognitive test and compare that to one they do after a brain injury which gives a very good indication if they are ready to play. It is a simple card recognition program for a lap top computer.
He will also be having a brain scan to clear him of bruising on the brain.

I can't see him passing both these tests - maybe not for a few weeks.

Pumba

First Grade
1. Polglase
2. McManus
3. Carmont
4. Tighe
5. Doogs
6. Kidley
7. Mullen
8. Perry
9. Terence
10. Woolnough
11. Simmo
12. Newton
13. Reyno

14. Tolar
15. White
16. Abes
17. Riley
18. Patto

antonius

Coach
1: Polglase/Kidley
2: McManus
3: MacDougall
4: Carmont
5: Tighe/Polglase
6: Kidley/Tighe
7: Mullen
8: Perry
9: Seu Seu
10: Woolnough
11: Simpson
12: Newton
13: Abraham

14: Reynoldson
15: Tolar
16: White
17: Snowden

Both Newton and Reyno need to step up IMO, another option at 5/8th is Tighe, that would leave Kidley at fullback, Polglase on the wing. I don't think Davico did enough in premmy to warrant a call up, neither did Thaiday.

Burwood

Bench
This should make team selection very interesting- Johns will be named in the team tomorrow, and Jarrod Mullen is in some doubt with rib injuries. I'm guessing that we'll see a team named that is identical to last weeks, but there will be several key changes between then and when the team runs out on Friday night.