What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next week v Dragons

roopy

Referee
I think Smith has a plan with Kidley at fullback. I don't think he will abandon the plan because Johns is out for the week.
I think Mullen will go to halfback - Karwana will come in at 5/8 (as he was used in the trials).

Frederick

Staff member
roopy said:
I think Smith has a plan with Kidley at fullback. I don't think he will abandon the plan because Johns is out for the week.
I think Mullen will go to halfback - Karwana will come in at 5/8 (as he was used in the trials).
You think he's ready? TBH I wasn't all that impressed with him today. Did some good things, but didn't leave an overall lasting impression on me

Yosh

Coach
1. (rover) Kids
2. McManus
3. Tighe
4. Doogs
5. Carmont (or someone from PL)
6. Abes
7. Mullen
8. Perry
9. Seu Seu
10. Wooly
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Ryndelson

14. Polgase
15. Tolar
16. Sargent
17. Brown

Burwood

Bench
Sargent has a golden staph infection and won't be right to run again until Wednesday. Two days probably won't be enough time for him to push for selection. My team:

1. Gidley
2. McManus
3. Carmont
4. Tighe
5. MacDougall
6. Brown
7. Mullen
8. Perry
9. Seu Seu
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Reynoldson

14. Tolar
15. Abraham
16. Polglase
17. White/Davico

CJKnight

Juniors
I suppose it depends on how many minutes Seu Seu plays. He didn't seem to spend all that much time on the field. Was he getting tired, or was Smith using him like an impact player?

Kids did well filling in at hooker, but he did take on ALOT of workload. I would like to see Brown off the bench if Seu Seu is going to play less game time.

K-Man

Bench
Burwood said:
Sargent has a golden staph infection and won't be right to run again until Wednesday. Two days probably won't be enough time for him to push for selection. My team:

1. Gidley
2. McManus
3. Carmont
4. Tighe
5. MacDougall
6. Brown
7. Mullen
8. Perry
9. Seu Seu
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Reynoldson

14. Tolar
15. Abraham
16. Polglase
17. White/Davico

I think that could well be what we see Burwood. If Johns is out, I'd like to see Brown come into the squad somewhere, and I think he could do the job at 5-8th.

I still want Thaiday back in there, but having not seen premier league I'll trust others on their report that he might need another run under his belt.

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: Polglase
2: McManus
3: MacDougall
4: Carmont
5: Tighe
6: Kidley
7: Mullen
8: Perry
9: Seu Seu
10: Woolnough
11: Simpson
12: Newton
13: Abraham

14: Reynoldson
15: Tolar
16: Davico
17: Thaiday

RABK

Referee
CWBush said:
1: Polglase
2: McManus
3: MacDougall
4: Carmont
5: Tighe
6: Kidley
7: Mullen
8: Perry
9: Seu Seu
10: Woolnough
11: Simpson
12: Newton
13: Abraham

14: Reynoldson
15: Tolar
16: Davico
17: Thaiday

I like it.

Spike

First Grade
roopy said:

I dunno, kidley is the next best option at 5/8 with Mullen at halfback and Polglase an experienced fullback. I'd reckon Smith would put kidley there if Johns is only out for a week then move him back the following week rather than blood another rookie.

Big Tim

First Grade
Sargent would surely have to come through PL. He is no better than Patterson at the moment.

Why would he get a walk up into FG??

Im with Roopy, I would put Snowden in well before Sargent, and Patterson before either.

BG

Juniors
Big Tim said:
Im with Roopy, I would put Snowden in well before Sargent, and Patterson before either.

They're not competing for the same spot on the bench. Paterson or Snowden have to win places as impact backrowers. Smithy will always want 2 props on the bench, and Sargent's role would be to come on and get involved in the grunt work.

Sargent represented country last year......

His a tried and proven player at the top level. Its a massive call to suggest that either of those two are above him.

Big Tim

First Grade
Snowden is a prop, and Patterson is just as big as he is.

Kurt Gidley also played for Country, but many people have written him off.

I just think that considering both of these boys are fit, and have played in the trials they would be ahead on the pecking order.

The call is not massive, I have watched these boys for a few years now.

BG

Juniors
Big Tim said:

OK, I don't claim to follow prems. Haven't seen either of them play. Must have mistaken what I read about Snowden. As for Paterson, I'm sure everything I've read points to him being a wide-running second-rower. As I haven't seen these guys play I'm not going to be silly enough to express an opinion on their abilites. But I seriously doubt that there is a pecking order between Paterson and Sargent. I don't think they're in the same queue.

Burwood

Bench
If Paterson is to force his way into the side it will be at the expense of Reynoldson, Newton or Abraham. Snowden will be in direct competion with Davico, Tolar, Sargent and White.

Johns Magic

Referee
Big Tim said:

Kurt Gidley also played for Country, but many people have written him off.

I just think that considering both of these boys are fit, and have played in the trials they would be ahead on the pecking order.

The call is not massive, I have watched these boys for a few years now.

Cory: 194cm, 105kg
Kade: 188cm, 113kg

Snowden is a fair bit more solid.

Mal

Juniors
Imo mad dog should be put in the centres with tighe to the wing.Did brian smith not see how well macdougall performed in the centres at souths?He is one of the best attacking players in the game why have him standing out on the wing doing nothing.Another thing i dont understand is why have kurt gidley who is up there with simmo and buderus as the knights best defenders at fullback.The amount of defence he does around the halves is enough indication to me that he should atleast be put in the centres aswell.Milton thaiday should also be given a chance to prove himself at the top level.The way he started off last season had everyone talking about him playing origin untill injury robbed him of the chance.And another thing,i am not having a shot at smithy i am just voiceing my thoughts as all supporters do.Cheers.