What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next week

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Could you imagine Tahu running around in prems with finch????

I mean the controversy through the media would be enormous and then all these rumors would come out that tahu and finch have had a falling out with the club and then our season goes to sh*t

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayjayselmes said:
Im just saying i think blake green should be there in firsts but we are all post these teams that have no hope in hell of actually running onto the field.

If finch is back = green dropped
If tahu back = inu dropped

simple, finch and tahu are on respectable $$$$$$ and wont play in PL based on a PL player having 1 good game in firsts.

Who wants to bet there house on it ????

that's true..but you've got to also remember that pig is gone for 4 weeks so imo they'll be space in the side for Finch [if fit] Green and Smith.

MrT

Juniors
eelavation said:
i think Jay has a point...however with Pig out for 4 weeks it will give him the option to have Finch coming off the bench.

Pig getting injured could be a blessing. If Green plays and continues to impress, I'd say we'll get his signature

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
Pig getting injured could be a blessing. If Green plays and continues to impress, I'd say we'll get his signature

quite possably..he'll have another great chance this week against a guy who he's played a few times so he'll know what to expect against his opposite number.

MrT

Juniors
jayjayselmes said:
Could you imagine Tahu running around in prems with finch????

I mean the controversy through the media would be enormous and then all these rumors would come out that tahu and finch have had a falling out with the club and then our season goes to sh*t

Controversy????
Tahu is leaving next year 100%
Finch will probably leave at the end of next year If Green get's the nod at 5/8.

Tahu shouldn't play Prems but I'd have no problem Finch doing so.

I personally think, we'll see 6 . Green, 14. Finch or the other way around

jayjayselmes

Juniors
MrT said:
Controversy????
Tahu is leaving next year 100%
Finch will probably leave at the end of next year If Green get's the nod at 5/8.

Tahu shouldn't play Prems but I'd have no problem Finch doing so.

I personally think, we'll see 6 . Green, 14. Finch or the other way around

i guess we will find out tuesday. and see what team gets pcked if all are fully fit except pig.

spiderdan

Bench
finch looks like he may be out this week as well. that being the case green will get another run. that said, when he is fit again (be it this week or whenever) finch will get his spot back.

the same is true for tahu even though inu played the house down.

i gotta say though the side looked a lot better with pj starting. many have suggested that piggy should be used as a running back rower which i agree with.

Kornstar

Coach
Hey, Jayjay is 100% right, of course Finch will walk straight back in, that is the way it works, i was just pointing out that Finch was in SOO for a reason and it wasn't cause he was the best in that position

strider

Post Whore
altho piggy still replaced PJ as hooker/dummy half in the first half on saturday .... pj will need to really work on fitness if we want him to become THE lone hooker and piggy just as a backrower

Kornstar

Coach
Piggy has been at his best this year as a backrower, he is very menacing out wide!!!

I would like to see

11. Hindy
12. Riddell
13. Mateo

eels_fan

First Grade
My Team would be:

1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Green/Smith
7. T. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Cannings
11. Hindy
12. Wags
13. Ben Smith

14. Finch/Green
15. Fa'oasa/Moi Moi if fit
16. Corboda
17. Mateo

18. Tsoulos/Ian Hindy (in the case of Finch ruled out - Green to 5/8th)

lucablight

First Grade
Tahu is way too good for premier league. You would be crazy to play him there. In obsessing over the future don't forget about now.

spiderdan

Bench
let tahu go now.

he has had his moments for us here and there but isn't worth the money we are paying him. if he wants to play union he should go now so that inu can get the first grade time he needs. our combos looked good in the backline. hayne/inu looked awesome on he left.

i've often said that a club can't buy a premiership and that a team needs mainly locals or players that have been there for a while to win.

we now potentially have a side with burt, hayne, b. smith, inu, grothe, green, t.smith in he backline and mateo, hindy, the chad, pj and cayless in the pack. fui was a reserve grade reject that brian developed, cordoba was shown the door in wollongong. and then the rest of the squad.

i am very happy hagan has rewarded some of our younger talent. even if we aren't this year, next year we will be a major threat provided we keep our players.

Stagger eel

Staff member
spiderdan said:
let tahu go now
that would be absolutely insane Spider..in this day and age we must field the best team possible and use the cap to do so, what sort of mamngement would pay out Tahu and not replace him with anyone.

I'm sorry mate it's crazy..just completely insane to do that.

cardinal

Juniors
Kornstar said:
Piggy has been at his best this year as a backrower, he is very menacing out wide!!!

I would like to see

11. Hindy
12. Riddell
13. Mateo

I hope Hindy has 40 tackles by half time to make up for those guys.

spiderdan

Bench
eelavation said:
spiderdan said:
let tahu go now

that would be absolutely insane Spider..in this day and age we must field the best team possible and use the cap to do so, what sort of mamngement would pay out Tahu and not replace him with anyone.

I'm sorry mate it's crazy..just completely insane to do that.
allow me to rephrase:

if union want him now and he wants to go, let him go now.

i really don't think tahu is that good a centre. if the guy doesn't want to be here then let him go. i just don't think he's worth keeping given that he wants to leave and seems to have missed nearly as many games as he's played. i'd rather see inu play firsts but that's just personal opinion.

Stagger eel

Staff member
spiderdan said:
allow me to rephrase:

i really don't think tahu is that good a centre. if the guy doesn't want to be here then let him go. i just don't think he's worth keeping given that he wants to leave and seems to have missed nearly as many games as he's played. i'd rather see inu play firsts but that's just personal opinion.

I'll keep my phrase and say it's crazy ;-)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
spiderdan said:
allow me to rephrase:

I can see where you are coming from, but we're paying Tahu a sh*tload this season so we may as well play him.