What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team of brothers

Redback71 said:
henery and marcus pennera i think that team needs to be revised so may players left out.
Maybe his team needs to be revised...but the Perenara's definitely shouldn't even be mentioned....they're a couple of reserve graders.

nqboy

First Grade
Snoz said:
ella bros - but think steve might have been the only one to play league
Steve was a cousin to the other three I think, definitely not a brother.

nqboy

First Grade
Bumble said:
Andrew King was the worst player I've seen for Souths since we were re-instated. Thats how bad he was.
BIG call, the competition is so hot. I disagree. I thought he was alright at times while I've seen plenty of no-hopers playing for the Bunnies since they came back in.

Bumble

First Grade
nqboy said:
BIG call, the competition is so hot. I disagree. I thought he was alright at times while I've seen plenty of no-hopers playing for the Bunnies since they came back in.

It's indeed a hot field.

Mostyn, McLean, Grief, Siemsen, Sheehan (Although that can be put down to bad coaching more than anything), Sinclair, De Bartolo, Skinnon, Hookey, Troy Robinson, the list goes on.

Depressing times indeed.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
icewind said:
just thinking about the famous brothers to play in recent years and trying to make up a team of brothers.

so far i have:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Matt Geyer
3. Kurt Gidley
4. Matt Gidley
5. Adam Mcdougall
6. Kevin Walters
7. Andrew Johns
9. Steve Walters
11. Darren Smith
12. Mark Geyer
13. Jason Smith

14. Matt Bowen
15. Matthew Johns
16. Luke McDougall
17. Mark Minichiello

18. Brenton Bowen

Throw the Sorensen brothers or the Wynn boys in the front row and you have yourself one 'very competitive' team.

Steel Dragon

Bench
How has everyone forgotten about the Steelers' "Spaghetti Twins" Dean and Neil?!?!?!

Seriously though - has there ever been any quality brotherly pairings?
There always seems to be one outstanding brother and one sub-standard brother.

Steel Dragon said:
How has everyone forgotten about the Steelers' "Spaghetti Twins" Dean and Neil?!?!?!

Weren't they Neil Piccinelli & Dean Scifilitti (sorry about any spelling errors - and yes I know you're jesting)?

Didn't one of them end up at either Souths or the Cowboys?

The Colonel

Immortal
Steel Dragon said:

Seriously though - has there ever been any quality brotherly pairings?
There always seems to be one outstanding brother and one sub-standard brother.

Quite a few actually.

Kurt and Dane Sorenson

The Mortimer Brothers

The Wynn brothers

The Walters Brothers

The Hughes brothers - and I speak of Mark, Garry and Graeme as opposed to Glen, Steve and Corey.

The Thornett brothers - Dick, Ken and John - Dick and Ken played for Parramatta. Dick also represented Australia in water polo at the 1960 Rome Olympics before joining the Wallabies on a tour of South Africa. He and Ken became the first brothers to represent the Kangaroos together. John was a Wallaby who played club football with Northern Suburbs.

All internationals.....

nqboy

First Grade
The Mighty Panther said:
Weren't they Neil Piccinelli & Dean Scifilitti (sorry about any spelling errors - and yes I know you're jesting)?

Didn't one of them end up at either Souths or the Cowboys?
Schif signed for the Cowboys for their debut year but was injured and IIRC, never played a game for them. Not sure about Pinch. He was one of my favourite players at the time. Vastly underrated IMO.

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Luke McDougall
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Darren Smith
5. Adam McDougall
6. Henry Paul
7. Andrew Johns
8. Joe Vagana
9. Robbie Paul
10. Jason Cayless
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ian Hindmarsh
13. Jason Smith

14. Frank Puletua
15. Tony Puletua
16. Nathan Cayless
17. Matthew Johns

18. Mark Minichiello

Muffdaddy

Juniors
What about Scott(RIP) and Brett Gale.

Didn't Mike Eden have a bro?

Don't forget whatapacketa and his brother Ron.

And the Hardy brothers from St Geo. Not sure if they all made grade.

And Mick and Alan Neil

roopy

Referee
the latest - the Tupou brothers.

Anthony has played for Australia.
Willie has played for Tonga.

Willie will play PL for the Knights this year where he joins younger brothers Jon (lock in Flegg) and Ben (prop in Mathews or Ball). Ben is the biggest and might end up being the best of the brothers.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Rabbitohs2005 said:
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Luke McDougall
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Darren Smith
5. Adam McDougall
6. Henry Paul
7. Andrew Johns
8. Joe Vagana
9. Robbie Paul
10. Jason Cayless
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ian Hindmarsh
13. Jason Smith

14. Frank Puletua
15. Tony Puletua
16. Nathan Cayless
17. Matthew Johns

18. Mark Minichiello

Joe and Nigel Vagana are cousins I believe. Their birthdays are too close together to be brothers.

Latest posts