What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

team of enigmas

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Does this apply to coaches as well as we all know who wins that vote.

Chase Stanley was definately 1. He dis some good things but mostly bad.
Darren Treacy would do something good and then give a dumb penalty, same with Wayne Bartrim.
Leikvol was a deadset speed bump

Barrett? He was a legend. You can't bag him? I am pretty sure he won the Daly M 1 year in the red V so he can't be that bad and that was when Johns was playing in the league. Not many have won a Daly M in the red V.

...actually, i think many of the assessments and opinions expressed on this Forum are excellent and not only by virtue of the sheer volume of Posts here.

If I were a Coach, or an Administrator for that matter, even a Player, I would read this not only as a source of fresh ideas, but as probably one of the most accurate guages of how well the Club or an individual is conducting themselves in the minds of its supporters. Knowing peoples Perceptions is a powerful tool. And you can get them off this Forum for free.

And besides, there chair I sit on, has no arms !

TruSaint

Referee
Does this apply to coaches as well as we all know who wins that vote.

Chase Stanley was definately 1. He dis some good things but mostly bad.
Darren Treacy would do something good and then give a dumb penalty, same with Wayne Bartrim.
Leikvol was a deadset speed bump

Barrett? He was a legend. You can't bag him? I am pretty sure he won the Daly M 1 year in the red V so he can't be that bad and that was when Johns was playing in the league. Not many have won a Daly M in the red V.

I couldnt say that about Barto.
He was awesome for us, and played a huge role in getting us to GF in 1996.
Tough as they come, had speed, could kick goals, played Origin, ... and yeah the occasional penalty. Won many more games for us than most people credit him for.

George Grant.

I think he was kept in the side purely for his goal-kicking. Could toe-poke a shot at Goal further then I can hit a 7 iron ...and from 3 steps.

The Mighty Atom

Juniors
I don't know if you could call him an enigma but one bloke I always rated was Sean McVean - a tough, nuggety prop from the early 90's. Must have fallen foul of Brian Smith somehow cos he seldom got a run in firsts even though BS would often play utility forwards like Jeff Hardy or Matt Elliott in the front row. He always wore headgear except one game when he took the field without it, copped a high shot and got carried off.
He went to Wests for a season or two before going to Castleford where he came on from the bench in one game and then disappeared.

TonyTrugett

Juniors
I don't know if you could call him an enigma but one bloke I always rated was Sean McVean - a tough, nuggety prop from the early 90's. Must have fallen foul of Brian Smith somehow cos he seldom got a run in firsts even though BS would often play utility forwards like Jeff Hardy or Matt Elliott in the front row. He always wore headgear except one game when he took the field without it, copped a high shot and got carried off.
He went to Wests for a season or two before going to Castleford where he came on from the bench in one game and then disappeared.
No that's not an enigma. Thats someone who didn't make it.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
Good to see Quinny in there.his nickname was "heart attack".

The way he played league extends to oz tag also,as a team mate I had no idea what he had planned.

RedVDave

First Grade
1) Josh Morris
2) Reece Simmonds
3) Matt Prior
4) Daniel Vidot
5) Amos Roberts
6) Richie Williams
7) Trent Barrett
13) Lance Thompson
12) Ashton Sims
11) Corey Payne