What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

team of enigmas

chewbacca

Juniors
Ok, so we did the team of favourites.
below is my team of enigmas. Could be matchwinners on their day, but would more often than not have you holding your head in your hands as they dropped the ball, gave a penalty away or did something stupid. Am i missing anyone?
PS: John Fifita was in both my team of favourites and enigmas. Which pretty much sums up being a dragons fan....masochistic and proud.

1) Chris Quinn
2) Ian Herron
3) Matt Prior
4) Jamie Ainscough (Just for 1999 penalty try alone)
5) Wilfred Williams
6) Richie Williams
7) Steve Linnane
13) John Fifita
12) Billy Noke
11) Tony Priddle
10) Jason Ryles
9) Willie Peters (yeh he was a half-back but deserves selection in this team)
8) Chris Leikvol

14) Darren Treacy
15) Wes Patten
16) Willie Manu
17) Adrian Brunker

Father Ted

First Grade
1) Bronco Djura
2) Stan Gorton
3) Ted Goodwin
4 Colin Bramley

5) Clinton Mohr
6) Chase Stanley
7) Steve Linnane
13) Steve Funnell
12) Billy Noke
11) Tony Priddle
10) Jason Ryles
9) Jack Jefferies
8) Chris Leikvol

14) Mark Kocass
15) Wes Patten
16) Willie Manu
17) Boxhead Robinson

Ok, so we did the team of favourites.
below is my team of enigmas. Could be matchwinners on their day, but would more often than not have you holding your head in your hands as they dropped the ball, gave a penalty away or did something stupid. Am i missing anyone?
PS: John Fifita was in both my team of favourites and enigmas. Which pretty much sums up being a dragons fan....masochistic and proud.

1) Chris Quinn
2) Ian Herron
3) Matt Prior
4) Jamie Ainscough (Just for 1999 penalty try alone)
5) Wilfred Williams
6) Richie Williams
7) Steve Linnane
13) John Fifita
12) Billy Noke
11) Tony Priddle
10) Jason Ryles
9) Willie Peters (yeh he was a half-back but deserves selection in this team)
8) Chris Leikvol

14) Darren Treacy
15) Wes Patten
16) Willie Manu
17) Adrian Brunker

lol - masochistic and proud :lol:

Yep that's the red V !!

Team of echidnas - We've got dozens of them!!

For me, Richie Williams is a stand out. His enigmatic style starts with such a stupid Christian Name like "Richie". Pu-leeese, so not kool !!

Maybe if he refered to himself as just "Dick" things would have worked out differently.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I like father Teds selections and have to agree on the number 1 eniigma of all time would be winger Stanley Gorton. Another special mention & runners up would be Fijian Brothers, Apisai and Inosi Toga.

denis preston

First Grade
I like father Teds selections and have to agree on the number 1 eniigma of all time would be winger Stanley Gorton. Another special mention & runners up would be Fijian Brothers, Apisai and Inosi Toga.

Stan's best year was when he had Changa inside him at centre, set him up for heaps of tries one year ( 22? ). Couldn't tackle , wore his hair unfashionbly bylcreamed back and ran like a hyena ( a very fast one ! )

I remember one game against Norths on a channel 7 saturday game ( 2nd half only shown ! ) Stan scored 4 tries and Rex gave him the MOTM award and typically was so condesending saying " Stan , people don't think you deserve to play first grade but you showed them today " ! We as kids used to love having a go at Stan but he played a lot of first grade games for the red V , something that we would never do.

Yes the appleslices and his brother were hugh but unfortunately gentle giants. Inosi was leaner than his brother and mainly played lower grades but Apisai could be quite destructive on his day.

Mr Red

First Grade
Barrett... for constantly playing like a champion at rep level, but playing hopeless at club level.

denis preston

First Grade
Barrett... for constantly playing like a champion at rep level, but playing hopeless at club level.

Yes definately but look who he had inside him , Joey Johns. A wonderkid at 19 .Whilst he played for Australia & NSW it would seem a bit harsh but he was not the type of player that could lead by example and motivate the side to higher levels.Fell short in the big games.

Mr Red

First Grade
Yes definately but look who he had inside him , Joey Johns. A wonderkid at 19 .Whilst he played for Australia & NSW it would seem a bit harsh but he was not the type of player that could lead by example and motivate the side to higher levels.Fell short in the big games.

with genuine playmakers at rep level, Barrett simply had to concentrate on his running game - and this is what he did best.
at club level he tried to be the playmaker - and this is why he failed.

to_ddeath

Coach
Richie Williams - was barely a first grader at the best of times, doesn't count in any legitimate team lists...
Head for me (injuries aside) was very enigmatic. Could own a game with his involvement & could produce shockers of equal variety.
Agree on Barrett. Piggy was another who could be awesome as one day & terrible the next. Sure there are plenty of others.

T.