What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team of the 90's

Moggles

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
Lockyer at FB is an absolute joke btw. It proves that he is very much a media darling. I mean no doubt that he is a great player but he did next to f**k all in the 90's when compared to Tim Brasher or even Brett Mullins.

What were the selectors on?

Lockyer a media darling? yeah right...

Mr Saab

Referee
Tommy Smith said:
Anyone who thinks Lockyer did more in the 90's than Mullins is an idiot...or a selector of the team of the 90's apparently :?

Mullins didnt do ALLLLLLL that much in the 1990s
Mullins played 5 origins plus one off the bench and 4 tests. Mullins wasnt some super player who was consistent. He suffered alot of injuries in the 90s.
Lockyer came on strong in 1997 and nearly matched Mullins accomplishments of the 1990s!

Kiwipanther

Juniors
Nah this team is better!

1.Alexander
2.Mullins
3.Meninga
4.Renouf
5.Ettingshausen
6.Daley
7.Stuart
8.Lazurus
9.S.Walters
10.Sironen
11.Geyer
12.Cartwright
13.Fittler

14.Harrigon
15.Adamson
16.Menzies
17.Tallis

Mr Saab

Referee
Moggles said:
When he played well, he was damn good..
Just had a problem with consistencey

david bayssari and danny crnkovich played in the 1990s too...it means nothing.
"a problem with consistency" is a prime reason why he doesnt deserve to be in the team of the 1990s.

anyway i as i have said, i will have the official team tomorrow from Big LEague magazine

Red Bear

Referee
My Team

Brasher
Wishart(GK)
Meninga
Daley
ET
Fittler(c)
Stuart
Lazerus
Walters
Harrogen
Sirronen
Tallis
Clyde

Mr Saab

Referee
the team of the 90s as voted upon by Middleton, Frilingos, Stanton and a few others was as follows

Brasher
Sailor
Daley
Renouf
ET
Fittler
Langer
Clyde
Lindner
Sironen
Harragon
S Walters
Lazarus

Mullins
Sailor
Renouf
Meninga
Ettingshausen
Fittler
LANGER (not stuart, althought stuart is damn good)
Lazarus
Walters
Harrogan
Tallis
Sironen
Clyde

Bullseye

Juniors
From a British perspective Stuart always seemed to go better than Langer on Kangaroo tours.

How Harragon misses out I don't know.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
Yeah I was surprised about the team, they should name a bench.

Lockyer was good, but didnt really dominate till 1998, same with Webcke.

Harragon, Brasher, Mullins, Renouf and Wishart were unlucky to miss out.

I agree 100%. Harragon was in the top 2 props from 92-98. Webcke only became a great prop in 98. O'davis was selected for australia infront of lockyer.

I can't believe the pearl wasn't in the centre infront of daley who should have been 5/8.

Bullseye said:
From a British perspective Stuart always seemed to go better than Langer on Kangaroo tours.

That's cos Stuart was a better player. He also outclassed Langer in almost all of the State of Origin's he played against him. It's Stuart 4 Langer 1 in Origin series wins. Stuart was just a victim of interstate politics and the evening up of the ledger in the Australian side.

My team

1. Mullins
2. Nagas
3. Meninga
4. Renouf
5. Sailor
6. Daley
7. Stuart
8. Lazarus
9. S. Walters
10. Harrogan
11. Sironen
12. Clyde
13. Fittler

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Bobby DIGital said:
Bullseye said:

That's cos Stuart was a better player. He also outclassed Langer in almost all of the State of Origin's he played against him. It's Stuart 4 Langer 1 in Origin series wins. Stuart was just a victim of interstate politics and the evening up of the ledger in the Australian side.

My team

1. Mullins
2. Nagas
3. Meninga
4. Renouf
5. Sailor
6. Daley
7. Stuart
8. Lazarus
9. S. Walters
10. Harrogan
11. Sironen
12. Clyde
13. Fittler

I can't argue with that team. I think brasher may deserve to be infront of mullins. Mullins had 3 amazing years, but brasher played great footy for 10 years.

Raider_69

Post Whore
id go with DiG's team, with maybe wisheart instead of nagas, but only just

BTW Stuart owns langer, did in almost every origin and played better in tests, langer got in purely because of QLD politics and as said evening the score, stuart killed langer :evil:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
My team:

1. Tim Brasher
2. Rod Wishart
3. Steve Renouf
4. Andrew Ettingshausen
5. Brett Mullins
6. Laurie Daley
7. Alan Langer
8. Glen Lazarus
9. Steve Walters
10. Paul Harragon
11. Paul Sironen
12. Gorden Tallis
13. Bradley Clyde

14. Geoff Toovey
15. Brad Fittler
16. Dean Pay
17. David Fairleigh

Red Bear

Referee
I would go close to putting Gary Larson in the second row. I like your team Parra Fan, but would put meninga in the centres, move ET to the wing and get rid of Mullins.

Fibroman

First Grade
8. Harrigan
9. Walters
10. Carroll
11. Geyer
12 Cartwright
13 Clyde
7. Alexander
6. Fittler
3. Daley
4. Meninga\