What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team of the Era

roopy

Referee
Kurt Gidley
Tahu
Matt Gidley
The Shoe
McDougall
M Johns
A Johns
Fairleigh
Buderus
Harrogan
Simpson
Muir
BK

Butterfield
Glanville
McCormack
Peden

O davis
Gordon.
Gidley
tahu
Mcdougall
johns
johns
glanville
simpson
kennedy
harragon
butterfield
buderus..
bench-
peden
fairleigh
g miller
j doyle

sam stewart could slip in somewhere..miller for his toughness and doyle cause of his size though i dont think he really reached his potential

2000..we could have kicked the broncos ass..and should have..Fittler WAS offside to take that intercept pass..damn it now ill have to go back to the psychiatrist

perverse

Referee
Holla if ya hear me said:
2000..we could have kicked the broncos ass..and should have..Fittler WAS offside to take that intercept pass..damn it now ill have to go back to the psychiatrist
be glad you didn't buy your GF tickets 1 1/2 weeks in advance (i was so sure that we'd make the GF.. hell wasn't everyone?).. 2000 = least entertaining GF i've ever witnessed.. and i was there.. in my knights jersey..

damn freddy.. that intercept broke my heart.

i might give this best team ever a go when i have a better think about it.. but i'm probably not old enough to have seen (and remember) the real top 17 of the era.

jamesgould

Juniors
roopy said:
player of the year in our best team ever.

I reckon 01 was a better side. Sure, it didn't quite have the same quality of players, but boy did it carve up whenever Johns was there! And even without Johns there for a while, and some poor performances without him, we had a better record after 26 rounds.

One good year by Fairleigh - there is no way he can make the side, imo. What he did for other clubs has no relevance. Remember, he could have stayed with us in 01, but opted to go for the big bucks in England. Other players have bled red and blue for years - long service counts for a lot!

I don't mind much who makes the side, but I really think Parsons should be there. Carried our forward pack from 02 onwards, when most other forwards were going down injured left right and centre, he turned up every week and was exceptional. Not to mention his efforts in 01, when although he wasn't doing it as single-handedly, he was playing at a similarly high level.

Alex28

Coach
Yup...Fairleigh didn't do enough for US to warrant selection, nor did Robbie Ross to be honest. And seriously...Jamie Ainscough?

lucky7

Juniors
Just wondering............when other clubs have done this they have also named a coach.
Now at the risk of opening a can of worms who would you guys pick as the 20th anniversary coach