What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team of the Year

shasha

Juniors
I know there was another forum about the team of the year half way through the year.

But with the side being announced on Tuesday, i wanna see everyones thoughts on who should make the team.

Mine looks like this:

1. Omar Slaimankhel
2. Dane Gagai
3. Mahe Fonua
4. Konrad Hurrel
5. Stewart Mills
6. Michael Parker Walshe
7. Jacob Miller
8. Neil Begovich
9. Kurt Baptiste
10. Magnus Stromquist
11. Jason Taumalolo
12. Tyrone Peachey
13. Dale Finucane

14. Slade Griffin
15. Kenneath Bromwich
16. Adrian Haangana
17. Ben Henry

Im sure there is plenty more players I could add that I have forgotten or just chosen to miss out.

Last edited:

Didgi

1. Slaimankhel
2. Stewart Mills
3. Tim Lafai
4. Konrad Hurrell
5. Gagai - if too much NRL then DJ Collier/Pat Mata'utai
6. Michael Parker-Walshe
7. Sam Williams - if too much NRL then Miller/Tyrone Roberts
8. Matt Groat
9. Kurt Baptiste
10. Neil Begovich
11. Jason Taumalolo
12. Tyson Frizzel
13. Dale Finucane

14. Jack De Belin
15. Adrian Ha'angana/Ben Henry
16. Josh Jackson
17. Paul Carter

AB129*

Juniors
If Tyrone Peachey doesn't make the team its a f**king rort.

He's the guy who's got the Sharks to where they are. He's good for a try, a couple of LBs and a couple of LBAs/TAs, 200m+ and about 35 tackles a game.

Finucane is a good player and has to be there somewhere but Peachey has flat out won games off his own bat.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Bit miffed at some of these selections.

Mostly with a player like Gagai who didn't even play wing at Toyota Cup level.

It's a bit hard without any access to overall stats. (aside from Big League) but I feel as if that team doesn't do the Toyota Cup comp. any justice.

Regardless, congratulations to all the players selected and I hope to see them all spring up in the NRL at some point.

Noa

First Grade
The NRL should be shouting from the mountain tops bout Mahe Fonua, but the useless merkins wont.

Big Pete

Referee
You won't hear anything about him until he makes his first grade debut and even then it will only be a tidbit by Smith or Alexander (because Melbourne don't get played on 9).

cb4

First Grade
Isnt Finucane a back rower?

Also, I like Fonua, but Konrad Hurrell is a beat of a center.

Big Pete

Referee
They are.

They played more games this season and have the edge over him.

Copley is another who if he spent more time in Toyota Cup would have challenged Hurrell and Fonua.

Big Pete

Referee
I also said my opinion of 20's revolves purely on statistics given the miniscule coverage of the Toyota Cup.

Nobody else on here can make an honest assessment on the Under 20's given the miniscule coverage.

No you didn't you just said it was hard to judge without statistics nowhere did you mention your opinion purely revolves around statistics.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm not going to enter every discussion on the Toyota Cup with a disclaimer saying all my opinions revolve around statistics.

shasha

Juniors
Team of the year always has some shocking inclusions or exclusions

Simply because the coaches pick the team.

Neil Begovich should of been picked. Most consistent prop all year

Carlos Tuimavave is a great player but has missed alot of football this year, and Parker - Walshe has been great all year.

Tim Lafai has had no way near a standout year and same as Feldt. Im sure Lafai was picked by most coaches, simply for only making his debut.

Ben Hunt was picked on the bench for the team of the year when he won player of the year.
And last year Brad Murray was runner up in player of the year but couldnt make the starting side ahead of Sam Williams or Aiden Sezar

ozbash

Referee
I also said my opinion of 20's revolves purely on statistics given the miniscule coverage of the Toyota Cup.

Nobody else on here can make an honest assessment on the Under 20's given the miniscule coverage.

dead right, hopefully we get to see more next season, even delayed would do.

Good team, a few players unlucky but it wouldnt matter who was picked, there would always be unlucky players.

agree with shasha re Carlos, surprised me considering his bad run of injuries. Very good player though.

Latest posts