What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team prediction for Rd 1

PB

Bench
Freak said:
Apparently Webster went well against the Warriors!
His service out of dummy half is 2nd to none, even Morris. Always hits the player moving forward.
I rate him!
He has a go in defence for a small bloke and he is safe as houses out of the ruck. Very rarily makes a mistake, and often makes the right decision to go himself when it is on.

Don't get me wrong Morris is my choice any day, but Webster won't let you down, and if he is on the bench you have the option of putting Morris to 5/8 if there is an injury or poor play. He played some top shelf footy their last year.

yeah i was never a fan, because he looked to much like Hayden Foxe (the soccer player), but i think he is very handy player.

As for Witt, i think those who want him to start in the 1st grade side, better accept that he is 19 and we have signed him for four years, and he will no doubt go back and continue to serve his apprenticship in ressies unless an injury occurs.

Suitman

Post Whore
I still don't believe that people are picking Wagon at five/eighth, when we have Dykes.

Still,........the choice is yours.

Suity

Chipmunk

Coach
Lyon said:
I don't think he will be there nor have i seen him play yet but he looks the goods already.

This would have to be one of the most stupidest comment I have ever heard from someone giving an opinion on something!!!

Parraren

Bench
Suitman said:
I still don't believe that people are picking Wagon at five/eighth, when we have Dykes.

Still,........the choice is yours.

Suity

The title of the thread is 'Team Prediction...' i.e what we think B.S will pick come round 1 not what we necessarily would pick.

Smiths Team
1. Burt
2. Grothe
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Peterson
6. Wagon (possibly Witt?)
7. Dykes
13. Hopkins
12. Cayless
11. Hindmarsh
10. Vella
8. Cannings
9. Morris

14. Pearson
15. Kafusi / Stapleton
16. Tsoulos / Armit
17. Witt / Thorman

If Witt starts at 5/8 or half then Wagon will play lock and Hopkins will take up the utility spot on the bench. Either way I like the look of the side and there's enormous depth there.

..and just reading some of your teams above there is NO WAY IN THE WORLD* Smith will move Peterson to right wing with Lyon. Peterson & Dave will be the starting Left side wing/centre combo as they were last year. Grothe & Kativerata will fight it out for the No. 2 jersey with some pressure from Graham, Prince, Gruszka as the season progresses...

* i could be wrong though

Hurriflatch

Referee
The team I THINK will be name

1. Luke Burt
2. Eric Grothe
3. Jamie Lyon
4. David Vaealiki
5. Matt Petersen
6. Daniel Wagon
7. Adam Dykes
8. Aaron Cannings
9. John Morris
10. Michael Vella
11. Craig Stapleton
12. Nathan Cayless (C)
13. Nathan Hindmarsh

14. Lee Hopkins
15. Dean Widders
16. Corey Pearson
17. Justin Tsoulos

18. Chris Thorman
19. Michael Witt
20. Chris Armit

The team I WANT to see named
1. Luke Burt
2. Eric Grothe
3. Jamie Lyon
4. David Vaealiki
5. Matt Petersen
6. Adam Dykes
7. Michael Witt
8. Aaron Cannings
9. John Morris
10. Michael Vella
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Nathan Cayless
13. Lee Hopkins

14. Chris Thorman
15. Corey Pearson
16. Justin Tsoulos
17. Chris Armit

PJ Marshal

Coach
1. Luke Burt
2. Eric Grothe
3. Jamie Lyon
4. David Vaealiki
5. Matthew Peterson
6. Adam Dykes
7. Michael Witt
8. Aaron Cannings
9. John Morris
10. Michael Vella
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Nathan Cayless ( c )
13. Daniel Wagon

14. Chris Thorman
15. Dean Widders
16. Lee Hopkins
17. Adam Peek

bartman

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
The team I WANT to see named
1. Luke Burt
2. Eric Grothe
3. Jamie Lyon
4. David Vaealiki
5. Matt Petersen
6. Adam Dykes
7. Michael Witt
8. Aaron Cannings
9. John Morris
10. Michael Vella
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Nathan Cayless
13. Lee Hopkins

14. Chris Thorman
15. Corey Pearson
16. Justin Tsoulos
17. Chris Armit
I hope you're right 'Flatch, this team reads well. But no way Wags won't be there somewhere if fit!

Eelectrica

Referee
I'd use wags off the bench as interchange for Cayless. In Cayless' absence he is usually selected as captain so their would be continuity there.

bartman

Immortal
Given that Vella injured his shin in the trial, and Tsoulos went down with a knee problem, I'd now want to slip Stapleton and Widders into that "want to be picked" side above, to cover possible injuries.

Latest posts