What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team this week

The Colonel

Immortal
Bigfella said:
I don't understand how a guy who played most / all his premier league as a centre could be considered not up to first grade as a centre ... but would as a lock?

Played most of his Flegg and lower grade career as both a lock and five eight.

It usually takes a good while till a youngster gets used to 1st grade. It took Jamie Lyon half a year in 2000 to get used to it in 2001 he blitzed it. We need to be patient with Delaney saying that the way Kris Inu is playing....who knows what will happen.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Did he?

:oops:

I don't know - he just seems to be lacking some instincts or something...

He played very solidly on Friday and I wouldn't have any of dropping him...He just made a few breaks and didn't do the 'natural' centre's thing.

For example, he made a break and instead of streaking down the sideline, he kind of ran in-field...It didn't cost us or anything, it was just not what you'd expect...

Please don't think I was having a go at him or anything.

well eela, alot of players these days are taught this, due to sticking clear of the sideline. As he headed in field it gave them two options on the next play...to go left or right!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm not unhappy with him at all!

I guess I'm just used to ben and Timana - they probably would have taken their men on. Instead, Brett was cautious. Which isn't a bad thing, mind you!

He DID score a try, anyway! lol

Big Mick

Referee
Wow i'm surprised Brian Smith has named that squad. I think thats your best team all year tbh with the exception of Glenn Morrison not being available and Ben Smith.

only changes I would have made is Mateo to the #13, Green to the #6 and Hayne to the #2. Possibly Peek instead of Vella as well.

I think that team can definately beat Penrith...full of young talent and I can't wait to see how young Marcus goes. He was my player to watch in the preview that I wrote up and I can't wait to see his progression to eventually play for New Zealand at Halfback this year.

Hurriflatch

Referee
So when Burt dropped out last week you wanted Henry P to play on the wing just because he was named on the bench?

Latest posts