What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Threads?

bartman

Immortal
I notice that all F7s Team Threads have been closed/locked in the last day or two, with the exception of the Cougars.

I was just wondering if there was a reason or an announcement I'd missed, and whether there is any chance that the Eels team thread be re-opened for say one month?

The team threads contain a lot of F7s history that can stays publicly viewable, and I was keen to put some 2010 Eels F7s stats in there, just for the historical records. It wouldn't make sense to start a new team thread, possibly just for that one or two posts.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
i thought they were being shut down so that there was just the locker rooms.

Thought I saw a thread somewhere started by one of the titans players and coby replied in it.

Titanic

First Grade
my issue was about the links not pointing to where they should ... that's all

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah that's cool, I figured Coby's answer in that thread may be the solution to the problem here.

not trying to cause any confusion or dramas or such :)

bartman

Immortal
Thanks Willow, Unit and Titanic.

Yeah, I'd read that thread and saw what Titanic was referring to. Didn't think it had anything to do with shutting the team threads down immediately after the grandfinal though.

Hopefully we can have the threads back (at least temporarily), or a discussion about what's being planned.

For what it's worth the team thread seemed to work better for the eels squad (in terms of people seeing that posts had been made) than the locker room given their current location within the forums.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I have an opinion on the value of locker rooms as opposed to open forum team threads. It may be better for the F7s if we did away with the locker rooms. If teams wish to discuss things privately, there are plenty of ways to do this: PM, email, skype, messenger and other various offsite services.

I feel the captains should be in control of any private discussion, and this forum should be creating open threads to encourage discussion and therefore new players. Just my opinion at this stage and something we should discuss in the ol' commitee.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Yep, I'm sure there's a case for locking team threads and getting rid of them, as well as the case for retaining them. Both requiring further discussions of course.

I'd just be chuffed if in the meantime the Eels team thread could be unlocked by someone with Admin access (in Mod Pistol's absence).