What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team to Play Panfers

chopsy_05

Juniors
1 Brett Hodgson
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dene Halatau
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Peni Tagive
6 Tim Moltzen
7 John Morris
8 Todd Payten
9 Robbie Farah
10 Keith Galloway
11 Ben Te’o
12 Chris Heighington
13 Liam Fulton.

Interchange
14 Beau Ryan
15 Danny Galea
16 Corey Payne
17 Bronson Harrison

chopsy_05

Juniors
Don't know about this winger on the bench business. I know he usually injects them at the 60 minute mark when players are tiring but it still stands to reason that someone like Trimarchi would be able to cause more of a threat and impact if he was put in at that time.
And surprise surprise still no Head...

Callan Pk

Juniors
chopsy_05 said:
Don't know about this winger on the bench business. I know he usually injects them at the 60 minute mark when players are tiring but it still stands to reason that someone like Trimarchi would be able to cause more of a threat and impact if he was put in at that time.
And surprise surprise still no Head...
Tuiaki on the wing for 60 then moved to the forwards would still add more than a fresh Tramarchi
It worked well last year

chopsy_05

Juniors
Yeah real well. We lost more than we won and missed the 8 you buffoon! Does a WTF membership include a set of rose coloured glasses?

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Obviously not thrilled that Morris & Moltzen were again named as the halves as so much play died with them on Sunday. Having said that hopefully Robbie will be back to 100% and be able to deliver much better ball. Show up with some intensity and enthusiasm and we'll be much better. When El Masri is breaking tackles and fending blokes off like a rampaging Gordon Tallis, you know the boys aren't putting in.

Also Te'o should come off the bench. 6 runs last week against the dogs, and a similar number in the opening two rounds just isn't a big enough work-rate to justify a starting position.

Callan Pk

Juniors
chopsy_05 said:
Yeah real well. We lost more than we won and missed the 8 you buffoon! Does a WTF membership include a set of rose coloured glasses?

Haha buffoon.

It was only used several times and we won most, get a clue.

7. Morris
Sheens is a f**king clown .. he will keep persisting cos he is too full of his own ego to admit he f**ked up when he signed the spastic

aids

Bench
Ryan has been our best back, let alone winger.
stange choice to shift him to the bench

i guess Head isn't fit for first grade yet, or he'll come in wearing the number 18

He won;'t drop morris
We all know that
We might need to get alien to wishbone/sit on morris O'donnell style
Maybe we should all chip in ?

chopsy_05

Juniors
I'd like to see that stats on that Callan. And please explain how a winger who has played 60 minutes already then shifted to the backrow would add more than a fresh backrower coming in? I think it was discovered pretty early on that Tuiaki was much more damaging when he had a bit of space to winde up before hitting the line.

Callan Pk

Juniors
chopsy_05 said:
I'd like to see that stats on that Callan. And please explain how a winger who has played 60 minutes already then shifted to the backrow would add more than a fresh backrower coming in? I think it was discovered pretty early on that Tuiaki was much more damaging when he had a bit of space to winde up before hitting the line.

From memory we beat Sharks, melbourne dragons and warriors with either Lawrence or Moodie on the bench, Im sure theres a few more.. it was only used about 6 or 7 weeks - short memory?

Just my high opinion of tuaiki over trimarchi, I agree hes best suited to the wing, but I can also see him tearing the opposition pack a new one moving into the forwards with 20 to go, and a fresh winger on the wing wont hurt either.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the idea of having Tuiaki and Tagive on the wings is that they could move to the forwards later in the game.

not too bad a strategy if there were some decent ball players in the middle of the park.

super_coach

First Grade
The chockie soliders must be laughing, when do you get to play a team without a no7. So stop Farah or even slow hin down and the team ends up in shambles like last week. Young Beau Ryan has been as safe as houses for three weeks now,yet he gets shoved to the bench, he must wonder what he has done which is worse than a few others in that backline.

People thought 2008 was going to be different, not in a million years, Sheens up to his usual tricks. I just cant believe junior burger didnt get a run. Anyway I will save my money and not drive out to Cambo and go to the pub instead

one word A JOKE

Callan Pk

Juniors
madunit said:
I think the idea of having Tuiaki and Tagive on the wings is that they could move to the forwards later in the game.

not too bad a strategy if there were some decent ball players in the middle of the park.

Err, fulton, hodgson.

Young Beau Ryan has been as safe as houses for three weeks now,yet he gets shoved to the bench, he must wonder what he has done which is worse than a few others in that backline.
So you want Ryan over tiuaki?

Its becoming clear none of you bloke have any idea, i think you just bag everything for the hell of it, theres always a reason for something---------------though I too cant find one for Morris. :crazy:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Callan Pk said:
Probably directed more an Tagive, and with reason. Geez when runs the ball it's heart in mouth stuff, love his enthusiasm though. Ryan has edged him though and deserved to keep his place.

super_coach

First Grade
Why did the dogs aim 80% of their attack at young Bulla and not Ryan. I think they thought they had a bit more chance. Although he was better than others in the backline, Ryan at this stage offers a lot more. But dose it really matter who is on the wing when you dont have a no7. They will get frost bite on monday night with a no7 with a wooden leg with super glue on his hands and the vision of Ray Charles

It is April Fools day so I kind of expected this sort of thing.

But it seems when Farah doesn't play well - or is well covered (when we are without Marshall too) that Morris doesn't have what it takes. I suppose I used to put up with this sort of thing in the ealry 2000s when we had no good halfback sitting in PL, but we do - so why not give him a run. If it doesn't work then Sheensy can persist with Morris and his terrible kicking game.

Oh, and yeah Beau Ryan was great. Except for his size I can't see the appeal of Tagive. He'll probably be a great player soon but Ryan seems safe and that was what I was most worred about with Lawrence and Halatau in the centres (gladly proved wrong about Halatau).

Anyway, why not Flanagan or Head on the bench?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Callan Pk said:
Err, fulton, hodgson.

Did they play on Sunday?

If so, why did we get roundly thrashed?

Thus, i stand by my post.

super_coach

First Grade
Hanbury looked sharp when he got his five minutes of fame. Would have thought a person capable playing 6 or 7 on the bench just in case the 6 or 7 turn in a shocker or get injured (I know its a remote chance--about 99%)

Latest posts