What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Broncos

Monk

Referee
just came back from the game.

my few notes and quiries on the game.

- Defence most of the time was outstanding. except for a few lapses here and there. perrett, mini and soli have stepped up in the last couple of weeks imo.
- Sa is wasted in the centre.
- Didnt quite see what happened to riley, anyone fill me in?
- last tackle options were poor.
- rub of the green didnt quite go our way with the ref.
- ref misse a few broncos fwd passes (including the pass for stagg's try)
- thought that grose's tryu was fair dinkem a try.
- broncos like to throw the ball around.

adamkungl

Immortal
just came back from the game.

my few notes and quiries on the game.

- Defence most of the time was outstanding. except for a few lapses here and there. perrett, mini and soli have stepped up in the last couple of weeks imo.
- Sa is wasted in the centre.
- Didnt quite see what happened to riley, anyone fill me in?
- last tackle options were poor.
- rub of the green didnt quite go our way with the ref.
- ref misse a few broncos fwd passes (including the pass for stagg's try)
- thought that grose's tryu was fair dinkem a try.
- broncos like to throw the ball around.

Agree on the first point. We fell asleep for about 15 minutes, and paid dearly. Imo we completely dominated the first half, and cam so close on a few opportunities towards the end. Mini should have stopped that 40/20, we would have seen a very different game.

-Riley broken arm

-I though Sa goes quite well in the centres, but I'd probably have him in the second row or lock, dropping M Paea from first grade, and putting Maubs back to centre. Grose swaps for SKD. Actually we have a bit of a problem in the backs. With both Amos and SKD coming in, who misses out of Maubs, Perret, and Soliola? Difficult decision, will be heartbreaking for someone that's been there all year if we end up making the GF. Seeing Riley Brown is gone, maybe Perret could take a bench spot with Jaubs moving to hooker.

-We need more variety on the last, but our kicking game is at least accurate again. The last month has been a bit iffy in that department, some very ineffectual kicks were happening frequently. A lot less of that crap tonight.

-had no problems with the refereeing. I thought the ball hit Sa's arm on the way down (for Groses no try), and Broncos deserved the win, iffy forward passes or not.

-Throw the ball around is the understatement of the year. I think I counted 12 passes for 60 metres on that try. Wow.

finally, Freddy's half time pep talks need serious work.

Last edited:

STSAE

Juniors
Lockhead played footy for 5mins and scholed us, again.

We are young and dumb and full of cumm.

Those two 1st 1/2 KOs made me :lol:.

:lol::lol:

yeah lockyer played like it was christmas in the backyard with the kids ... absolute no pressure and pulled out the big plays just for his own amusement ...

i'd go with

Mini
SKD
MAUBS
Perrett
Roberts

sa at 11
soli on the bench ... when toops comes off put maubs to 12 and soli to centre ... grose never to be seen again ...

i still think no other halfback option at the club is hurting us ... not as a replacement just as somebody who can keep jr jr looking over his shoulder ...

our problem is the backline when fit is quite good ... 1 or 2 injuries and a suspension and we're f**ked

Monk

Referee
we didnt have much luck with injuries this year, but good luk in that our halves were fit all year.

Latest posts