What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Chooks rd4

SmashEmBro

Juniors
It depends I guess. That 2nd half was some of the best footy we've played in about 2 years. The simple fact is if O’Sullivan puts us in a position to play like that, when CHT comes back he won’t walk back into a starting spot. His form has never warranted auto selection, and it kinda sucks because I don’t think he’s really had a fair shot as a consistent half with us.

But hey, probably no point in arguing about it as Kodi probably won’t take up 2022 as an option with us anyways haha

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No worries.
I actually agree with your logic.

Kodi is one of the best running halves in the NRL.

What concerns me most is that the club have said that CHT is the future. So he is a lock in.

I agree he is a very talented player we should develop. So someone has to go...and at the moment it is SOS back to the Dolphins when CHT returns.

Terrible waste.

Our shape will go back to SJ and Loolooeye days.

thetes probably a pragmatic reason CHT is the future- imported halves like Kodi and SOS are likely to bail over the ditch when their stocks rise. It’s how it is, we likely can’t build teams around them longer term.

CheG

Juniors
thetes probably a pragmatic reason CHT is the future- imported halves like Kodi and SOS are likely to bail over the ditch when their stocks rise. It’s how it is, we likely can’t build teams around them longer term.
Would SoS bail on his dad?

JJ

Immortal
Really good start for SOS but think we need to remember where he's at - vaunted youngsters like Dearden etc take time, ,many with big reps amount to relatively little - even outside the Warriors.

The good thing is he now has an extended run (injuries permitting) in the 7 (much as CHT would have).

Kodi, imo, flatters to deceive - bit like a poor man's Hunt, brilliant at times... but not worth the big money in the long term... but again, Brown needs to commit to these two for the forseeable future and in 6-8 weeks we might see some real fluency and organisation - it's actually quite exciting, although you have to feel a bit for CHT

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)

2 DAVID FUSITU’A

3 ADAM POMPEY

4 MARCELO MONTOYA

5 KEN MAUMALO

6 KODI NIKORIMA

7 SEAN O’SULLIVAN

8 ADDIN FONUA-BLAKE

9 WAYDE EGAN

10 BUNTY AFOA

11 ELIESA KATOA

12 BAYLEY SIRONEN

13 TOHU HARRIS

Interchange:

14 JAZZ TEVAGA

15 BEN MURDOCH-MASILA

16 LEESON AH MAU

17 JACK MURCHIE

18 TOM ALE

20 PAUL TURNER

21 KANE EVANS

22 ROCCO BERRY

HEAD COACH | NATHAN BROWN

Izz

Bench
Harsh on Perham, imo. He was solid at centre end of last season, while Montoya's only ever looked like a journeyman winger (again imo)

... Unless that means Perham's going to the Broncos in exchange deal. I hope not

Reactions: JJ

sup42

Juniors
Gotta get behind these guys on debut for our team. I hope Montoya has a blinder.

Fingers crossed.

Meth

Staff member
Still a great Roosters side tbh. No Keary, Cordner, Collins or Friend, but formidable looking team.

nswarrior

Juniors
Ah Mau had a quiet game against the Raiders didn’t he? Looks like Evans will struggle to break into the 17 atm

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Jeeze even with so many players out Roosters still looking great. Teenage superstar Suuali on the extended bench...could get a run as a late change.

if we play the way we did in that 2nd half we’re a great chance to put one over them tho

LeagueNut

First Grade
Perham would have been playing Q Cup right? I wonder if he's been blocked from joining the first grade team by a quarantine / lockdown thing in Brisbane or Queensland?

Sanchez

Coach
Perham would have been playing Q Cup right? I wonder if he's been blocked from joining the first grade team by a quarantine / lockdown thing in Brisbane or Queensland?
They didnt play week 3. Were pulled as a precaution

Given our depth of forwards/lack of injuries there compared to the backs id rather have seen Sironen start at Center, start Murchie and get Evans/Ale a run off the bench. Or even Turner 25 mins off the bench at centre since Brown apparently doesnt rate Perham at all given these selections. Perham would of been optimal

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts