What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dragons

Meth

Staff member
What's the news on Matulino, Ikahihifo and Bakuya?

In an ideal world, this week I think I would go with this-

1- Tomkins
2- Laumape
3- Nielsen
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Rapira
9- Friend
10- Gubb
11- Matulino
12- Mannering
13- Mateo

Res- Lillyman, Matangi, Bakuya, Havili

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Ikahihifo concussion, should be OK.

Matulino popped a rib cartilage. Can be a tricky injury. Would say he's questionable.

Meth

Staff member
Ikahihifo concussion, should be OK.

Matulino popped a rib cartilage. Can be a tricky injury. Would say he's questionable.

Either way, as frustrating as Mateo can be, he's a better player at this stage than Ikahihifo.

For mine, if Matulino if fit, Ikahihifo is battling with Peyroux and Bakuya for a spot on the bench. If Matulino is fit, that he battles with Peyroux only. And Peyroux can cover centre and probably played a bit better on the weekend.

JJ

Immortal
Laumape was excellent, I thought...

Not sure why others can't eliminate simple mistakes - I guess we know that's hat we'll get from Manu, but Tomkins, Johnson, Leuluai and Nielsen did some horrible things... and one of those fellows has been described by some as one of the best in the world in his position... he's marginally the best in the club at the moment, and at best par for the NRL

Juju

Juniors
A member I follow on twitter spoke with Locke at the game - Locke was pushing to play NSW cup on Sunday, could be ready for this weekend.

JJ

Immortal
Not sure Locke matters though, Laumape was excellent, Manu was Manu, and they won't drop the Pom...

I guess the thing with Tomkins is the rep, and the money - his attitude is good, he looks ok with the ball, but makes dumb mistakes, seems to over-read and end up terribly out of position in defence, and generally just has been quite disappointing for me anyway

Diesel

Referee
Although Tomkins is not performing at the level he wants to, his all round professionalism keeps him on the field.

Really looking foward to seeing

1 Locke
6 ST
7 SJ
9 TL

14 Friend/Havili

Any word if Manu is going to the forwards soon and if so will he go to the NSWarriors or just put on the bench?

vvvrulz

Coach
There is no way Friend drops off hooker, the amount of work that man does is phenomenal.

If it were up to me:

1. Tomkins
2. Locke
5. Manu
6. TL
7. SJ
9. Friend

Laumape/Fish unlucky.
Could Laumape work at centre instead of Neilson?

JJ

Immortal
Yep, Friend is a certainty imo... if you want more punch he can be alternated, or shift to lock for brief periods - given he's involved in almost every attacking play, the tackles he makes are amazing, and again I highlight the chase on Hodgkinson - the two Warriors who shut that down were Friend and Mannering... that said it all for me

One Warrior

Bench
What's the news on Matulino, Ikahihifo and Bakuya?

In an ideal world, this week I think I would go with this-

1- Tomkins
2- Laumape
3- Nielsen
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Rapira
9- Friend
10- Gubb
11- Matulino
12- Mannering
13- Mateo

Res- Lillyman, Matangi, Bakuya, Havili

Sorry in my ideal world, Mateo and Nielsen no longer make the team and i'll assume all are fit excluding Ropati and Benry:

1. Locke
2. Fish
3. Hurrell
4. Laumape
5. Manu (to the forwards maybe later this year off the bench)
6. Tomkins
7. Johnson
8. Rapira
9. Leuluai
10. Lillyman
11. Matulino
12. Bakuya
13. Mannering
14. Friend
15. Matagi
16. Gubb
17. Sione Louisi/Sam Louisi

Meth

Staff member
Sorry in my ideal world, Mateo and Nielsen no longer make the team and i'll assume all are fit excluding Ropati and Benry:

1. Locke
2. Fish
3. Hurrell
4. Laumape
5. Manu (to the forwards maybe later this year off the bench)
6. Tomkins
7. Johnson
8. Rapira
9. Leuluai
10. Lillyman
11. Matulino
12. Bakuya
13. Mannering
14. Friend
15. Matagi
16. Gubb
17. Sione Louisi/Sam Louisi

By ideal world, I meant Matulino and Ikahihifo available for this week

Also, I have given up on Nielsen being dropped or Friend being dropped. I don't actually think Nielsen has been that bad the last wee while. Neither has Friend- I just don't think he has that spark. Played well enough on the weekend

Last edited:

WellsNZ

Juniors
Probably won't happen unless they decide to move Manu to the forwards, but I'd be pretty keen to see Fish/Hurrell and Nielsen/Laumape.

Not sure when Fish is meant to be back, but really want to see some more of him playing outside Hurrell. Was pretty scared about that as a combination as first, but Hurrell's defence has come on a bit and Fish's speed hanging off Hurrell is something that could prove pretty lethal, as we've already seen.

Meth

Staff member
We've always been waiting with baited breath to see Fish's speed utilised. Doesn't really seem to be happening

WellsNZ

Juniors
Well for all his faults, he's second on the try scoring ladder at the moment, even with that game he missed. Granted he had a monster game to get him up there, but the top try scorers will do that sometimes.

Hurrell's ability to break the line and draw defenders to him certainly seems an appealing way to put Fish into a position where all he has to do is run.

Rebel

First Grade
Fusitua in for Nielsen would be good.

He has been playing centre for reserves

Latest posts