What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dragons

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
And glad you brought another problem up, letting them out of NZ only then to find they dont want to come back. ?? Nice work.
I saved me delving deeper.
Look, i could go and do a search for you but lets start with Ruben.
There are many juniors that have already won Melbourne premierships, ?
Steve Kearney. ? ouch, gee only two clubs and we have some heavy weights right their.

I could keep looking, i am sure i could drag out a team choc full of superstars from NZ.

Those brothers, Jessie and Lenny Brommich. ? They Kiwis or Aussies now.

Seriously? None of those guys are Warriors juniors. The Warriors didn't even exist when Wiki started playing, likewise Kearney who then later player for the Warriors anyway.

Kiwi does not automatically mean Warriors junior. They can't sign 200 players up just to keep them out of Aussie hands.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
And glad you brought another problem up, letting them out of NZ only then to find they dont want to come back. ?? Nice work.
I saved me delving deeper.
Look, i could go and do a search for you but lets start with Ruben.
There are many juniors that have already won Melbourne premierships, ?
Steve Kearney. ? ouch, gee only two clubs and we have some heavy weights right their.

I could keep looking, i am sure i could drag out a team choc full of superstars from NZ.

Those brothers, Jessie and Lenny Brommich. ? They Kiwis or Aussies now.

The club can hardly be blamed for not keeping every junior that comes through these shores. We're a one-club country. Someone like Hiku was behind a few players, who should/could/were of NRL standard

I'd be more interested in how much we get out of the ones we do get. Arguably that's not nearly as much as we should.

Meth

Staff member
Yes Meth, it is a mute point but the facts remain, he has said that his centre or one of his centres are not good enough. ??

Now if i was Nelson or Hurrell, and my agent told me another club is looking at you,,,,,,,,,,, bye bye. I would hate to see them lose Hurrell to Manly, only for Manly to simply fix him and produce another Matai or Hika so to inflick more pain on the Warriors.

I mean their comes a time when you must ask, when is the warriors going to stop letting all the great juniors go overseas, only to have them come back to destroy the club when they play.

The only guy that truely should have been let go was Topou at Canberra. Geew hiz, talk about butter fingers, worse than Jack butter fingered Reed at the Drongoes.
I wonder how much longer the Broncos can put up with these under-rated players.
You look at that team and just know they will never have a grand final finger ring.

It's a moot point

Also, I don't know what the hell you're talking about

MKEB...

Staff member
Names from the juniors that were guns and never really kicked on at other clubs than I can think of from the top of my head...

Likiliki x2
Mika
Elijah Niko
Ioane
Necrom cant spell his last name or his first name
Scott Jones
Seluini
and to an extent ...Ah mau

Really there has been bugger all in comparison that losing them has bit us on the backside.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Dan O'Regan went to the storm, Isaac John is another. Steve Rapira even though we got him back afterwards. Mika springs to mind.

Packer :sarcasm:

Iafeta

Referee
Names from the juniors that were guns and never really kicked on at other clubs than I can think of from the top of my head...

Likiliki x2
Mika
Elijah Niko
Ioane
Necrom cant spell his last name or his first name
Scott Jones
Seluini
and to an extent ...Ah mau

Really there has been bugger all in comparison that losing them has bit us on the backside.

Ligi Sao is another one at this point. Ah Mau's coming good now, but its taken a few years.

I guess when you summarise it like that the club has made the right choices. Aside from Peta Hiku and Sosaia Feki I can't think of too many NYC stars that we let go that kicked on hard elsewhere. Elijah was fully blooded at the Warriors and was a settled first grader, Penrith came in with a good offer at the right time. Issac John is playing reggies mostly, Matty Robinson did a decent job for Penrith last year but he's in reggies too mostly.

Kurt Kara and Adam Henry are others who have tried to get it going elsewhere but haven't yet either.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Elijah was fully blooded at the Warriors and was a settled first grader, Penrith came in with a good offer at the right time. Issac John is playing reggies mostly, Matty Robinson did a decent job for Penrith last year but he's in reggies too mostly.

Robinson was excellent for us last year, and he's leagues better than Brown, but not in Cleary's opinion, unfortunately. He's had a few injuries though, which haven't helped his cause.

Iafeta

Referee
Robinson was excellent for us last year, and he's leagues better than Brown, but not in Cleary's opinion, unfortunately. He's had a few injuries though, which haven't helped his cause.

Yep I duly noticed that. It surprised the hell out of me because he was a very basic no frills player in NYC for the Warriors. Its interesting though, I didn't really think Ngani Laumape would ever get to first grade, let alone be one of the brightest prospects at the Warriors in recent times.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Going to head in for this game. Feels like awhile since I have been to a game they have won...think it was against the Roosters last year. See how it goes. I'm actually feeling much less confident with Matulino out, he has been so good lately.

Hoping they can build on last week, should be in with a shot then.