What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dragons

Rich102

Staff member
In our one trial match Jazz started at hooker. Nothing happened.
After the quarter time stoppage Otuolo went to hooker and suddenly the forwards started going forward.
Jazz has energy but is a handbrake.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Aitken is a pretty decent one if he's not stuck in back row. Walker will be a good one next year.
Aitken is a great crash ball type centre. But the boy just doesn't catch and pass well and almost never sets up his winger. Is much much better suited to the 2nd row where running is his main priority. Plus it gives us backline coverage if anyone should go down in the backs.

Really good coaching from Brown to identify this and move him in one spot.

Benek

Juniors
I don't have a problem with him at backrow, he's been great there. But if we find ourselves short on good centres it only makes sense to move him back to fill the void. We're not short on backrowers.

Rich102

Staff member
Hmm, i don't seem to have the option to like posts anymore but if i did, I'd be giving yours a massive thumbs-up, Rich 😂
At the right bottom of the post window you should have Like / Quote / Reply buttons. Do you not have these?

Izz

Bench
At the right bottom of the post window you should have Like / Quote / Reply buttons. Do you not have these?
I've got quote/reply but no like.

Might be ad block related on pc but am on phone now, which doesn't have ad block and still don't have a like button. It's no biggie, I'll just spam replies with thumbs-ups instead :p

Did anyone see any vision of CHT at fullback?
First trial.
Missed grubber through on Storms first set for a forced dropout.
Piss poor tackle attempt on Coats who scored off that set.
Bomb from Munster trapped with boot as couldnt get clean catch on it.
Couldnt hold Smith up for the second try 2m out, not his fault more Ciro over chasing and Jazz following.
Followed Katoa and Blake and took an offload but caught up, ended up next play Montoya scored.
Took some Storm knees diving for a Munsta kick, got straight up.
Penalised punching ball out near try line (1st tackle)
Seen moving guys on tryline
Good break off Jazz pass to set up Walsh for a try.
Didnt start the second half, came on with 20mins to go, but Walsh playing fullback then, seems to play a no.6 role.

Not sure if he has ever played there before?

At least DWZ has.

TheDMC

Bench
DWZ had a blinder for the kiwis at fullback if my memory serves me right. He should definitely play at FB, not Coco.

Sanchez

Coach
Id rather CHT gave up on ever being a half and tried his hand at lock or centre, or even hooker

Meth

Staff member
ok, here's my revised team with a bit of consideration.

1- Watene-Zelezniak (bit nervous about him under the high ball)
2- Kosi (yep- massive issues. May have improved with an off-season. Gould rates him as a talent)
3- Berry
4- Pompey (not sure what the option is at centre- still tempted to play Aitken there)
5- Montoya
6- Nikorima (really not into it, but good trials apparently)
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Ale (keen to see him get a run)
11- Katoa
12- Aitken
13- Curran

Res- Pene, Afoa, Murdoch-Masila, Otukolo

Meth

Staff member
The issue with Nikorima isn't positional. He's just too hot and cold. Somedays he looks like he just can't be bothered.

Latest posts