What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Illawarra

Since 73

First Grade
George has a centre in Scott playing backrow and a backrower in Bailey playing centre.
Maybe he views himself as an innovator, picking blokes out of position or sticking with selections that everybody else queries.

The world of sport is rife with tales concerning coaches who had success by going against public opinion.
jack gibson was lambasted in the 80's and told he could never wina comp with Bob O'reilly and Kevin Stevens in his pack. as long as they did the job he kept picking them and Parra lifted the cup.

But Roper ain't no Gibson.
These ridiculous selections are simply enabling him to wrap up the record for most consistent losses.
Even poor coaches like Craig coleman, Terry Lamb, Paul langmack, etc weren't this bad. They had teams that had little ability. They never coached teams that sat in equal 2nd half way thru the comp.

Roper has blokes who cannot get dropped no matter what they perform like.
Simmons and Bird were the first.
But now it's getting worse.
Kimmorely and Scott are simply untouchable. They would struggle to rate more than 4 or 5 out of 10 every week of the comp, yet they are never dropped.
There is a losing culture at Cronulla at the moment and those 2 blokes are a big part of it. They do not know how to have any impact at first grade level.

Can somebody find the win percentage for games in which BK has played in the last 3 seasons?
It would have to be less than 30%.

shadowboxer

First Grade
maybe lam made him do it. Think about it, lam tells raper to do this, it fuggs up, lam and raper change possies over the off season.

How could either of them make a decision such as scott over williams, anyone down at the swamp has to know it is a dumb decision, yet nothing happens.

no balls, no pride, no anger - 2006

Surely

Post Whore
I would have thought the sensible thing to do is to drop the entire 1st grade squad to PL for the remaining two rounds. At least there may have been one Sharks team in the finals series, even if it was for a week.

Much as i am dissapointed about this years 1st's results, what is more of a concern is the deplorable season from flegg and pl.

Inferno

Coach
Least we can breath a sigh of relief regarding Wierdo. Its cam thats dropping off the bench.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=59417
The Sharks have lost their past eight matches and have not won in Wollongong for 17 years.

Coach Stuart Raper has dropped Cameron Ciraldo from his bench and drafted in Reece Williams.

would have been better though if it was Scott that was gone, but what can you do :Crazy:

imasharkie

Coach
Surely said:
Much as i am dissapointed about this years 1st's results, what is more of a concern is the deplorable season from flegg and pl.

There is the crust of everything that has happened this year. Earlier in the year when 1st grade was travelling well so were the other two teams, then thw wheels fell off and it happened in all three grades.

WHY??????

I say it was the 1st grade coach.

Since 73

First Grade
Least he won't have to run too hard on his dodgy legs for a charge-down.
Nobby waits till he sees the whites of their eyes before kicking thru the ruck.

Feej

First Grade
I'll be watching this one peeking through my fingers.

The possibilities of humiliation are endless.

Feej said:
I'll be watching this one peeking through my fingers.

The possibilities of humiliation are endless.

I'm past caring.

Mottrams running a 1500 metres of Fox Sport 2. probably watch that instead.

Latest posts