What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Knights

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Marteene to Debut for Dragons against Knights
Experienced outside-back Shane Marteene will make his debut for St George Illawarra at Energy Australia Stadium this Saturday night when a vastly different Dragons team, take on the Knights.

Marteene, 27, brings with him a wealth of experience having played 92 first grade games (Bulldogs 1996-2003, Rabbitohs 2004-05) since making his NRL debut in 1996.
The Dragons chose to sign Marteene after he was released from the Rabbitohs earlier this week to help with depth at the Club and to fill the current void due to representative honours, injury and illness.

“I am very happy to have this opportunity and am very much looking forward to playing with the Dragons,” said Marteene. “It appears to be a great Club and hopefully I can do a job for them”.

Wes Naiqama returning from injury (foot) will partner Marteene in the centres while Clint Greenshields (fullback) and Daniel Holdsworth (five-eigth) also come into the starting line-up. Bryan Norrie and Michael Henderson will start from the interchange bench and will also get their opportunity to push for regular first grade selection as the Dragons chase their fifth win in succession.

“It is great to see these younger guys get their chance,” said Dragons coach Nathan Brown.

NRL

v Newcastle Knights
7.30pm Saturday 21 May
Energy Australia Stadium
Coach: Nathan Brown

1. Clint GREENSHIELDS
2. Colin BEST
3. Shane MARTEENE
4. Wes NAIQAMA
5. Nick YOUNGQUEST
6. Daniel HOLDSWORTH
7. Ben HORNBY (c)
8. Ashton SIMS
9. Dean YOUNG
10. Justin POORE
11. Ben CREAGH
12. Lance THOMPSON
13. Shaun TIMMINS

14. Bryan NORRIE
15. Willie MANU
16. Michael HENDERSON
17. Aaron GORRELL

Premier League

v Newcastle Knights
5.30pm Saturday 21 May
Energy Australia Stadium
Coach: Michael Potter

1. Brett MORRIS
2. Tom HEWITT
3. Luke MERCER
4. Beau RYAN
5. Etu UAISELE
6. Luke DALZIEL-DON
7. Keiran KERR
8. Puna RASAUBALE
9. Wade HUMPHREYS (c)
10. Corey MAHER
11. James JIMENEZ
12. Aaron WHEATLEY
13. Ryan POWELL
14. Charlie LEAENO
15. Adam CAWLEY
16. Edwin ASOTASI
17. Jason KLIMIS

Jersey Flegg

v Newcastle Knights
3.50pm Saturday 21 May
Energy Australia Stadium
Coach: Steven Price

1. Jason NIGHTINGALE
2. Keith LULIA
3. Brad DAVIDSON
4. Lee TE MAARI
5. Luke IRWIN
6. Josh LEWIS
7. Jamie KEITH (c)
8. Jamie DUNNING
9. George NDAIRA
10. Jhi TANNER
11. Willie TUPOU
12. Tom HABERECHT
13. Brian WEST

14. Chris HOUSTON
15. Dean JAMIESON
16. Nathan WYNN
17. James GREHAN
18. Sean FERGUSON
19. James KEELAN
20. Danny WICKS

Godz Illa

Coach
Marteene huh? Here's hoping his less-than-successful stint with the Bunnies has left him stirred, not shaken. Salute'

What is the go with Ennis?

I was under the impression it was a virus that kept him out last week. Is this true? Is this still the case? I assume it is.

Bubblystarz14

Juniors
agh dam.. I suspose Gorrell will b our goal kicker?
I hope ennis gets better.. Y did shane mortenne join our team.. aleast we can have experience in our centres.. Y isn't Creagh in centres?

This Game is gonna be tough :s

Go da Dragons :d

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm more concerned about the props. Sims and Poore should go allright but they've got some big shoes to fill. Norrie and Hendo on the bench just adds to the reserve grade look of the team.
Its going to be a real test of the depth.

Stranger

Coach
Good Luck Fellas. Should be interesting to see premierleague go around twice on saturday :lol:

Are many dragons making the trek upto newi?

aussie_londoner

Juniors
willow, i disagree with your comments about norrie and hendo making the the team look reserve grade ish.

the only reason those two are in reserve grade is cause the dragons have so many excellent props, those two would be in just about any other NRL clubs first 17, and would probably start at a few

God-King Dean

Immortal
LOL - Marteene, Best, Simmonds, Torrens, Youngquest, Naiqama. We're a bit short on wingers. Oh well, guess we need him atm, interesting to see how many $ he's getting

Sims starting prop - OUCH

I have a bad feeling about this game, Hornby is our only hope........ but it is Newcastle

Willow

Assistant Moderator
DevoutDragon said:
willow, i disagree with your comments about norrie and hendo making the the team look reserve grade ish.

the only reason those two are in reserve grade is cause the dragons have so many excellent props, those two would be in just about any other NRL clubs first 17, and would probably start at a few
Fair enough Devout. I wasnt bagging them as players btw. Just commenting on the look of the team.
They have an opportunity and no doubt will be fired up to make an impression.

God-King Dean

Immortal
LOL, this line-up brings warmth to my heary

1.Mark Hughes
2.Anthony Quinn
3.Matthew Gidley
4.George Carmont
5.Milton Thaiday
6.Jarrod Mullen -Who?
7.Dane Campbell -Who?
8.Craig Smith
9.Luke Quigley
10.Josh Perry
11.Clint Newton
12.Adam Woolnough
13.Reegan Tanner

14.Daniel Tolar
15.Matthew White
16.Blake Mueller
17.Kade Snowden

Jono078

Referee
They will be the Key to our success, while you may not know them us Knights fans and possibly some Tigers fans do :).

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dane Campbell played pretty well last weekend but seems a bit green. I expect the big fellas will run at him for a bit.

Nugby

Juniors
I'm waiting until I see Johns in the stands, in a suit, with a beer in his hand as we kick off before I believe that he's not playing. I'm far more nervous that I was this time last week.