What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Panthers

Meth

Staff member
Harris should be back and I'd assume Johnson is going to be ok. But apparently Beale has done his hammy. You know what that means.....

I'm putting Hiku in because we all know it's going to happen.

1- RTS
2- Fusitu'a
3- Hiku
4- Kata
5- Maumalo
6- Green
7- Johnson
8- Gavet
9- Luke
10- Paasi
11- Pulu
12- Harris
13- Mannering

Res- Afoa, Blair, Tevaga, Papali'i

Blair

Coach
Harris should be back and I'd assume Johnson is going to be ok. But apparently Beale has done his hammy. You know what that means.....

I'm putting Hiku in because we all know it's going to happen.

1- RTS
2- Fusitu'a
3- Hiku
4- Kata
5- Maumalo
6- Green
7- Johnson
8- Gavet
9- Luke
10- Paasi
11- Pulu
12- Harris
13- Mannering

Res- Afoa, Blair, Tevaga, Papali'i

That's actually our round one 'dream-team'.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I'm not sure that the Knights upsetting the Panthers has done us any favours. Panthers are going to look to take it out on us and when teams are really determined to beat us, they beat us.

vvvrulz

Coach
I'm not sure that the Knights upsetting the Panthers has done us any favours. Panthers are going to look to take it out on us and when teams are really determined to beat us, they beat us.

I hate that about us, we rarely show that level of inspiration ourselves particularly when a couple of tries go against us. We either get into a wrestle early and win, or just plain fold.

Dogs was slightly different, but imagine if we didn’t blow the Panthers and Titans opportunities.

vvvrulz

Coach
... and Hiku + Lino coming back is a disaster, are we a chance of dropping out of the 8 just out of morbid curiosity?

BLN2

Juniors
For the love of Jesus Christ, please keep the ball out of Mannerings hands. He seemed to get it every set, we all know he doesn't have the skill to be a ball playing 13, but he kept getting the ball! He's a prop these days, just run it straight. Assuming a terrible game plan?

Hiku in for Beale, apparently Green is in doubt. Lino might come in.. I think Hiku has a point to prove, think he'll fire up. Harris in for Blair pushing Mannering to the bench.

BLN2

Juniors
... and Hiku + Lino coming back is a disaster, are we a chance of dropping out of the 8 just out of morbid curiosity?

Yes, but the Tigs will need to win the last 2 games, us lose last 2 and they catch up on points diff by 40 I think it is. Nightmare if we go into the last round needing to beat Canberra to book a spot.. Should be treating these games as the finals series.

Meth

Staff member

If the Tigers beat the Sea Eagles this week and then we lose to the Panthers, all eyes will be on the Rabbitohs v Tigers clash the following Thursday

Meth

Staff member
For the love of Jesus Christ, please keep the ball out of Mannerings hands. He seemed to get it every set, we all know he doesn't have the skill to be a ball playing 13, but he kept getting the ball! He's a prop these days, just run it straight. Assuming a terrible game plan?

Hiku in for Beale, apparently Green is in doubt. Lino might come in.. I think Hiku has a point to prove, think he'll fire up. Harris in for Blair pushing Mannering to the bench.

Yeah, but again, I think that has a lot to do with the props not pulling their weight. Actually, that's unfair, because it seems to fit with our game plan. We're short a prop. The back 3 and then a middle forward (Tevaga and/or Mannering) take up 4 tackles. The props seem to get their hands on the ball more often when we are inside the opposition's 20. It just seems so wonky to me.

Benek

Juniors
I'm bothered by the same thing. Our back three always hit up tackle 1-3. By the time the props get involved we are looking to push a few passes wider and stretch their edges, which means the props are sometimes shovelling it on before hitting the line. In the middle of the field were we need them the most they are doing very little work. No doubt we have a talented ball running back three, but we are relying on them too much. They cannot take up the slack of the props forever. And what happens is that guys like Mannering and Tevaga start taking on too big a ball carrying role, which is hurting us. The stats may have showed us making more metres as a team, but when watching the game live I always felt the Dogs had the upper hand in the middle. There were very few moments in the match where I noticed one of our props standing out by bending the line or swinging momentum in the ruck.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Also (it took me a long time to realise this) we often go for really dull options on tackle 4 and 5 because our wingers are not in position. All this time I've been so frustrated when we get a roll on, and then on tackle 4 we just go to an inside ball to Papali'i or something like that. Only just occurred to me that that's all part of the plan because our standard set of 6 mitigates against going wide late in the count.

Meth

Staff member
So our back three are getting their hands on the ball when our props are meant to and so our props are needing to get their hands on the ball when our back three are meant to.

Nice.

Matua

Bench
Beale out :( , everyone whines about Hiku coming back in yet Kata is still there and his defence was awful at the end this week. Teflon Kata lives another week.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Beale out :( , everyone whines about Hiku coming back in yet Kata is still there and his defence was awful at the end this week. Teflon Kata lives another week.
Yeah but Hikus defence is crap more often than not. Funny because I think the Panthers really attacked him last time we played.

vvvrulz

Coach

Kata is immortal and it pisses me off no end.

Latest posts