What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Rabbitohs

Meth

Staff member
Assuming no CHT

1- Walsh
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Montoya
4- Aitken
5- Kosi
6- Asi
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Frei
11- Katoa
12- Harris
13- Curran

Res- Afoa, Tevaga, Pene, Murchie

JJ

Immortal
I’m one of the biggest Egan fans here, but not at 6 ffs

hitro

Juniors
No Jazz. I thought Stacey might have played Zelezniak at fullback and Walsh at standoff, or even Kosi at FB. Don't know what Asi has done wrong

Benek

Juniors
I don't know. He looked pretty good at #6 when he filled in for CHT after he went off injured. I think it's a very conscious choice to play him there and we probably will start there. Asi is on extended bench, so there's a small chance he comes in late in the week.

But it seems like an odd choice when we could name Asi or Volkman there and keep Egan at #9. My guess is that Stacey feels neither of those two are strong enough defensively.

Benek

Juniors
I get a feeling Stacey knows that getting a few wins under the belt and improving morale is just as important as blooding young players. I think he's picking a team based on form and defensive soundness even if that means less development for next year's squad. We can't just lose all the remaining games this season and pretend that's okay.

Not saying I agree with all the selections, but there's some sense to it.

Campion

Juniors
Egan played really well when forced to 6 in the last game. I think this is a worthwhile experiment.

JJ

Immortal
hmmm... he's a good footballer, but a 9... surely with a really experienced half, we can have a young half there?

JJ

Immortal
Which suggests Egan is actually going to play 6…. Vote of confidence in the young halves, and imo an indictment on Johnson

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Which suggests Egan is actually going to play 6…. Vote of confidence in the young halves, and imo an indictment on Johnson
I dont want us to ruin Volkman. I don't mind the slowly slowly approach, as long as it is being managed correctly with a clear succession plan and good coaching (wishful)

JJ

Immortal
I dont want us to ruin Volkman. I don't mind the slowly slowly approach, as long as it is being managed correctly with a clear succession plan and good coaching (wishful)
sure but Asi is there too - and what (in theory) could be better for a youngster than playing alongside a veteran half, with a quality hooker... (aside from being in a good team)

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, i don't get it. Not at all. Egan looked good when called on at 6, but we need him at 9 and tbh Asi has looked more promising at 6 than Lussick has at 9

Good to see Aitken shifted and Pompey dropped

Latest posts