What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Raiders

TheDMC

Bench
I still don't quite know what to do with the likes of Berry and Vailea. Do we give them an extended run? Or hold them back to work on their game? Probably why I am not an NRL coach
Don't get rid of big Ken, Herbert, Hiku for a starters and then we wouldn't have this problem. They might not be world beaters, but they are at least NRL quality and experienced. I pointed out how shit our backline looked before the season started and was hoping that I was wrong, but nope, it is pretty awful. Berry needs an extended run, don't think we have any feasible option other than to move Aitken to the centers. Both Arthurs and Berry have had some good games and some awful games, which I guess comes with the territory for newbies. Should stick with them. Bed made, lie in it. But not Kosi. That was too dire. If you can't catch a rugby ball well your in the wrong sport.

JJ

Immortal
Are players really wary of Lodge? They're not two young women and a family with a child. I reckon most front rowers will happily have a go at him. None of the Storm front rowers were quaking in their boots facing him.
Yep, but to be fair at this level nobody quakes in their boots

Don't get rid of big Ken, Herbert, Hiku for a starters and then we wouldn't have this problem. They might not be world beaters, but they are at least NRL quality and experienced. I pointed out how shit our backline looked before the season started and was hoping that I was wrong, but nope, it is pretty awful. Berry needs an extended run, don't think we have any feasible option other than to move Aitken to the centers. Both Arthurs and Berry have had some good games and some awful games, which I guess comes with the territory for newbies. Should stick with them. Bed made, lie in it. But not Kosi. That was too dire. If you can't catch a rugby ball well your in the wrong sport.
Bingo, moved on with no equal or better replacement recruited or developed. Poor squad management. Then we move an experienced centre into the back row.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v CANBERRA RAIDERS

Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe

3.00pm, Saturday, April 30

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 REECE WALSH

2 ROCCO BERRY

3 JESSE ARTHARS

4 ADAM POMPEY

5 VILIAMI VAILEA

6 CHANEL HARRIS-TAVITA

7 SHAUN JOHNSON

8 ADDIN FONUA-BLAKE (c)

9 WAYDE EGAN

10 MATT LODGE

11 EUAN AITKEN

12 BAYLEY SIRONEN

13 JAZZ TEVAGA

Extended bench:

14 TANIELA OTUKOLO

15 BUNTY AFOA

16 ELIESA KATOA

17 JACK MURCHIE

18 EDWARD KOSI

20 BEN MURDOCH-MASILA

21 DAEJARN ASI

22 PRIDE PETTERSON-ROBATI

23 JUNIOR RATUVA

24 VALINGI KEPU

25 JACKSON FREI

Head coach | Nathan BROWN

So-
Berry, Vailea, Katoa, Murchie in
DWZ, Curran, Pene, Kosi out
So DWZ & Curran injured, Pene suspended and Kosi dropped.
Pretty sure there was a lot more piss poor efforts out there than just Kosi that deserved to be dropped!

Benek

Juniors
This team just can't get a break can they? We thought we had too many options in the halves and how we are about to play a new signing that will have only trained with the guys like twice before taking the field. I hope SJ is over whatever injury he had because he's going to need a massive game.

Blair

Coach
Kodi's due, guys. In fact he's well overdue by my estimate. He has one good game every six he plays, but he wasn't that good in round two.

Benek

Juniors
The article I read said Kodi is still out due to COVID. So we might need to be fielding this new signing out of last resort.

I actually think if Kodi plays he is due for a good game. Being moved to the bench has decreased his interest even further but a shot on the starting side might give him a little motivation to show he's still got something.

Latest posts