What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Roosters

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Gonna head into this one, hope we get up, would have preferred the Sunday arvo kickoff to allow a visit to the captain cook hotel for a few beers afterwards.

Blair

Coach
Gonna head into this one, hope we get up, would have preferred the Sunday arvo kickoff to allow a visit to the captain cook hotel for a few beers afterwards.

The last Warriors/Roosters one I went to was the disappointing 6-13 defeat in June '11*. We just never got going and it was no surprise that Carney (who'd been sidelined for disciplinary reasons for some time) slotted a late field goal to seal it.

Sunday, despite the time, is still looking tempting. Apart from the Tigers game, this weekend appears to be our last game in Sydney unless we make the finals.

*This was Shaun Johnson's 1st grade debut. I'd like to go back two years later and see how far he's advanced.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
More Kiwis on the field than Aussies in this game.
True or Faulse?

Well, with the Warriors as one team and the Roosters (who have traditionally drawn from a strong kiwi base due to our historic links to the area) the other I'd say true.

Gee, the NRL table looks sickening for us now (before tonight's match). The top-eight has really pulled away in the last 48-hours. Particularly the top-seven (16 points plus).

Cold Roses

Juniors
Gee, the NRL table looks sickening for us now (before tonight's match). The top-eight has really pulled away in the last 48-hours. Particularly the top-seven (16 points plus).

I'm thinking tonight's game is pretty much the make or break for our season. If we win, then along with a guaranteed 2 points next round, we're still in touch with the top eight. If we lose, then I think we'll find it very hard to break away from the also rans at the bottom of the ladder.

jaseg

Juniors
Yeah I make the Kiwi-Aussie split out as 17-17. Each team having 12-5.

Roosters Kiwis; Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Sonny Bill Williams, Issac Liu, Frank-Paul Nuuausala

Warriors Aussies; Dane Nielsen, Nathan Friend, Feleti Mateo, Jacob Lillyman, Todd Lowrie

That's assuming Todd Lowrie plays, of course.

Blair

Coach
Yeah I make the Kiwi-Aussie split out as 17-17. Each team having 12-5.

Roosters Kiwis; Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Sonny Bill Williams, Issac Liu, Frank-Paul Nuuausala

Warriors Aussies; Dane Nielsen, Nathan Friend, Feleti Mateo, Jacob Lillyman, Todd Lowrie

That's assuming Todd Lowrie plays, of course.

That Tupou on the Roosters' wing is 'kiwi born'. I think he's counted as an Aussie now though.

Typical that someone whose allegiance is up in the air should decide which way this trivia question falls.

Righto, all set now, off over the road to the RSL to watch the game (at this weird time). Won't be back here until it's over. Who knows what this forum will be saying. Don't we all love the unknown?

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
That Tupou on the Roosters' wing is 'kiwi born'. I think he's counted as an Aussie now though.

Typical that someone whose allegiance is up in the air should decide which way this trivia question falls.

Righto, all set now, off over the road to the RSL to watch the game (at this weird time). Won't be back here until it's over. Who knows what this forum will be saying. Don't we all love the unknown?

No mate, Tupou is Sydney born.

Think it ended up 17-17 as Moa replaced Liu (both Kiwis)?

Blair

Coach
No mate, Tupou is Sydney born.

Think it ended up 17-17 as Moa replaced Liu (both Kiwis)?

Yep, had Tupou confused with the NSW Waratah who also had a write up in Saturday's SMH.

Have put myself on notice, I've made a couple of howlers this week.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Yep, had Tupou confused with the NSW Waratah who also had a write up in Saturday's SMH.

Have put myself on notice, I've made a couple of howlers this week.

:lol: sorry mate, I'm a bit of a pedantic prick like that

There are a lot of Tupou's going around, the bloke who plays for the Waratahs (Will Tupou) used to play for the Cowboys before changing codes. I always found it a funny coincidence that Will Tupou and Bill Tupou, apart from having basically the same name, were born in the same month, of the same year, in the same city, played the same position, and debuted in the same year.

Also, Will Tupou is uncannily similar to Daniel Tupou imo, in that both are extremely tall rangy wingers.