What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Roosters

Sanchez

Coach
They're doing whats asked of them. Low error rate, good defensively, and they play direct. Both can play large minutes, they don't need to though in this rotation. I thought the move to put Peyroux into right centre at the end was a master stroke FWIW.

I thought it was idiotic use of the interchange to give him a 12 min and 5 min stint (numbers are approx)

captainwarrior

Juniors
Warriors

1 Kevin Locke
2 Glen Fisiiahi
3 Dane Nielsen
4 Konrad Hurrell
5 Manu Vatuvei
6 Thomas Leuluai
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Sam Rapira
9 Nathan Friend
10 Russell Packer
11 Feleti Mateo
12 Simon Mannering (c)
13 Elijah Taylor

Interchange
14 Ben Matulino
15 Jacob Lillyman
16 Sebastine Ikahihifo
17 Dominique Peyroux
18 Ngani Laumape
20 Suaia Matagi
24 Charlie Gubb
Coach: Matthew Elliott

http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLists/tabid/10998/Default.aspx

hitro

Juniors
that's pretty much full strength line up ay?
interesting that billy t gets no look in

Rich102

Staff member
Well if it's sternum, as initially thought, that can be a quite lengthy recovery.

Blair

Coach
I was just thinking about that incredible 31-31 draw between the Warriors and Roosters in 2007.

From memory, we were hard done by in extra time with some biased refereeing. Pricey went off a few times at the official and he was in fact at the forefront of a dud call, no?

Anasta thought he'd won it in normal time with his field goal but within a blink we'd levelled it up again.

Jerome (who?) was pretty dynamic that day. In his prime no doubt. With the draw though, plenty of fans on both sides left feeling quite flat.

I forgot Mannering was sent to the sin-bin late in the game which allowed the Chooks to score two converted tries and lock it up at 30-a piece.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2007-08-05/roosters-warriors-play-out-exciting-draw/2522482

Scott

Bench
I was just thinking about that incredible 31-31 draw between the Warriors and Roosters in 2007.

From memory, we were hard done by in extra time with some biased refereeing. Pricey went off a few times at the official and he was in fact at the forefront of a dud call, no?

Anasta thought he'd won it in normal time with his field goal but within a blink we'd levelled it up again.

Jerome (who?) was pretty dynamic that day. In his prime no doubt. With the draw though, plenty of fans on both sides left feeling quite flat.

I forgot Mannering was sent to the sin-bin late in the game which allowed the Chooks to score two converted tries and lock it up at 30-a piece.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2007-08-05/roosters-warriors-play-out-exciting-draw/2522482

Lauaki had is one and only good game in a Warriors jersey in this game. He was awesome.

auckwarriors

Juniors
The refereeing was a touch dodgy that day, but it went both ways in an epic game - comp
game of the season. One of Lauaki's tries was scored off a quarterback's pass from Rovelli, and Manu got a good slice of benefit of the doubt chasing through on a grubber. I, and many others, left feeling satisfied with the draw even though we had a fair case for the win.

Mannering was binned with about 10 to go that allowed them to get from 30-18 down back to 30-all. I'll never forget Ruben Wiki running down a flying Amos Roberts, who had a clear run to the line in GP, that secured the draw.

Blair

Coach
I remember both clearly and they were both legitimate tries :cool:

Makes me feel like heading to the SFS this Sunday night after all.

History doesn't repeat though, does it?

On that epic, I thought we'd win GP cause the Roosters went into this period a bit shocked really. They'd come back from 18-30 with about 10-12 minutes to go and led 31-30 with a 78th minute FG.

Almost from the restart they were caught asleep and Witt banged one over with 20 seconds left. We seemed to have the edge at that stage.

Not to be however. I'd settle for a draw this weekend, but wouldn't want to lose a good lead late in the game.

A draw on our record wouldn't be such a bad thing either, cause it would render our dodgy points differential pretty much irrelevant.

Iafeta

Referee
Lauaki had is one and only good game in a Warriors jersey in this game. He was awesome.

I remember at the time thinking Lauaki was going to become a super demon beast, a big strapping lad, much like myself. How wrong was I (on both counts).

Meth

Staff member
Personally, I love the time. Would much rather be sitting down to watch footy at 830pm on Sunday than at 400pm on Sunday.

Blair

Coach
Personally, I love the time. Would much rather be sitting down to watch footy at 830pm on Sunday than at 400pm on Sunday.

That's true when you're sitting at home.

With work the next day it's a bummer going to the game when it's that late.

However, a lot people wouldn't care less about this. Not making a big deal about it.