What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Sharks

jaseg

Juniors
Not sold on Lawton at 13, but see hes been named there again. Doesnt have the size? But coach must be a fan.

He's named at 13, but Tohu is playing there I imagine (just like it has been previously) - like the old Watmough/G.Stewart thing at Manly. I guess it's just a jersey (size?) thing.

Hov

Juniors
If you think our attack is bad now - can you imagine taking Green out of the team?
I think a lot of people forget how much Green actually does.
The fact is our lack of attack comes from having no balance in our squad and a shithouse gameplan. Dont blame Green for that.
The fact that RTS scored his first try of the season on Friday says it all. He should be scoring tries and creating them not busting his arse for 200m coming off his tryline. Same goes for Ken and Fus.
Anyways Kodi needs to run more, we need some more potent edge runners and we need a change in focus around how we attack the ruck

Rich102

Staff member
Adam Keighran seems to be the forgotten man.
In the 2018/2019 off-season we were told he and CHT were competing for the half spot alongside Green.
I went to the pre-season trial in Whangarei against the Tigers. They each played a half, alongside Api Pewhairangi. I said at the time that CHT had flashes of brilliance but the team went better when Adam was on the field. He had a better organising ability and kicking game. Anyway Adam won the starting spot for the first four games of the year. Then CHT was given a turn. And we haven't seen Adam back.
Now, if Green leaves and we don't have a top-class replacement, the halves are likely to be CHT and Kodi; neither of which is a particularly good organiser. Surely we should be trying Adam again, now.
This wholesale announcing to the press that players are being released or not wanted is plain stupid, and the players deserve better. What motivation have the players to stay and play if the club is going to hang them out to dry.

Crazy management.

Reactions: JJ

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If you think our attack is bad now - can you imagine taking Green out of the team?
I think a lot of people forget how much Green actually does.
The fact is our lack of attack comes from having no balance in our squad and a shithouse gameplan. Dont blame Green for that.
The fact that RTS scored his first try of the season on Friday says it all. He should be scoring tries and creating them not busting his arse for 200m coming off his tryline. Same goes for Ken and Fus.
Anyways Kodi needs to run more, we need some more potent edge runners and we need a change in focus around how we attack the ruck

Yep. We stripped all the attacking juice out of Mannering and we've fairly well done it with RTS too.

Meth

Staff member

That has been the case for a long time IMO. We need to use these guys less on tackles 2 and 3 and more at the end of the set.

Meth

Staff member
Adam Keighran seems to be the forgotten man.
In the 2018/2019 off-season we were told he and CHT were competing for the half spot alongside Green.
I went to the pre-season trial in Whangarei against the Tigers. They each played a half, alongside Api Pewhairangi. I said at the time that CHT had flashes of brilliance but the team went better when Adam was on the field. He had a better organising ability and kicking game. Anyway Adam won the starting spot for the first four games of the year. Then CHT was given a turn. And we haven't seen Adam back.
Now, if Green leaves and we don't have a top-class replacement, the halves are likely to be CHT and Kodi; neither of which is a particularly good organiser. Surely we should be trying Adam again, now.
This wholesale announcing to the press that players are being released or not wanted is plain stupid, and the players deserve better. What motivation have the players to stay and play if the club is going to hang them out to dry.

Crazy management.

He was injured

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12333436

waipiro

Juniors
Anyone know all the fringe/reserve players we have over in Aus at the moment?
I know Keighran,Curran,Roache and Perham are over there....sounds like Paul Turner may be there too?

jaseg

Juniors
I hope, given the notice we've had with Fus/Ken/Pulu/Paasi/King, they've been thinking about bringing a couple of young guys over - Stino, Ale etc... may as well see what's there in the back half of the season. Assuming they're not injured and not already over of course..

Turner too, if Green is leaving.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
A guy I work with coached Turner as a junior. Has massive wraps on him, reckons he was a level above everyone else he had at the time.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I hope, given the notice we've had with Fus/Ken/Pulu/Paasi/King, they've been thinking about bringing a couple of young guys over - Stino, Ale etc... may as well see what's there in the back half of the season. Assuming they're not injured and not already over of course..

Turner too, if Green is leaving.

Turner and Ale already there I think and Stino is out for the season.

Latest posts