What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Storm

Heaps out so who is available

Locke
Laumape
Hurrell
Ropati
Fish
Leuluai
Johnson

Rapira
Friend
Packer
Mateo
Taylor
Lowrie

Maulino
Lillyman
Benry
Siejka

thats if manu, godinet, mannering, rapira, godinet are all out

captainwarrior

Juniors
I'd go:

1. Locke
2. Tupou
3. Hurrell
4. Laumepe
5. Fish
6. Leuluai
7. SJ (if he's out, Seijka)
8. Rapira
9. Friend
10. Packer
11. Mateo
12. Benry
13. Lowrie

14. Taylor
15. Lillyman
16. Matulino
17. Ikahahifo (unfortunately)

vvvrulz

Coach
I'd go:

1. Locke
2. Tupou
3. Hurrell
4. Laumepe
5. Fish
6. Leuluai
7. SJ (if he's out, Seijka)
8. Rapira
9. Friend
10. Packer
11. Mateo
12. Benry
13. Lowrie

14. Taylor
15. Lillyman
16. Matulino
17. Ikahahifo (unfortunately)

Yep, can't argue with that at all really.

Apart from TL at 6 we're pretty settled in most positions injuries aside, I'm still confident we can turn things around and start chalking up a few wins.

Probably not the Storm though...

Kick and Hope

Juniors
Team in the NZ herald now, can't post link.

WARRIORS

1 Kevin Locke
2 Bill Tupou
3 Ngani Laumape
4 Konrad Hurrell
5 Glen Fisiiahi
6 Thomas Leuluai
7 Shaun Johnson
8 Sam Rapira
9 Nathan Friend
10 Russell Packer
11 Feleti Mateo
12 Ben Henry
13 Todd Lowrie
Interchange:
14 Elijah Taylor
15 Ben Matulino
16 Jacob Lillyman
17 Pita Godinet
18 Jerome Ropati

NRL: Boost for Warriors as key members return

Glen Fisiiahi, Jacob Lillyman, Elijah Taylor, Pita Godinet and Jerome Ropati have all been selected for the Warriors' traditional Anzac Day NRL match against Melbourne at AAMI Park on Thursday.
After appearing for the Auckland Vulcans in their last two New South Wales Cup matches, Fisiiahi comes into the NRL line-up replacing the injured Manu Vatuvei. Earlier in the season, Fisiiahi was on the wing for the opening to rounds against Parramatta and the Sydney Roosters.
Also back from injury are prop Lillyman and utilities Taylor and Godinet while long-serving centre Ropati is a chance of making his first NRL appearance of the season after being included on a five-man bench. Ropati has been making his comeback from knee surgery with the Vulcans over the past month.
Lillyman's return ensures the Warriors will have their experienced front row rotation at work for the first time in 18 matches stretching back to the home clash against the Storm in Auckland on June 3.
It was hoped Lillyman, Sam Rapira, Russell Packer and Ben Matulino would be reunited against the Raiders but Lillyman hadn't fully recovered from an ankle injury.

While Fisiiahi, Lillyman, Taylor and Ropati are all named in the squad, Vatuvei is out for up to three weeks after aggravating his sternum injury in the warm-up for the club's last clash against Canberra on April 13. Despite being in some discomfort, Vatuvei scored two tries and played the full 80 minutes in a display which saw his peers named him the players' player of the day.
Also ruled out for the trip to Melbourne are captain Simon Mannering and former Storm centre Dane Nielsen. Mannering hasn't recovered from the calf injury which forced him to miss leading the Kiwis for the first time in last Friday night's Anzac Test against Australia while Nielsen is still troubled by the rib complaint which forced him off the field early in the Canberra encounter.
"We have obviously lost significant experience with Simon, Manu and Dane out of the side but that's just something you have to deal with in this competition," said Warriors head coach Matthew Elliott.
"While we lose them we've been able to bring back Glen, Jake, Elijah, Pita and Jerome so there's a definite upside as well."
With Mannering missing, Ben Henry is named to start in the second row while rookie Ngani Laumape returns to the centres in Nielsen's absence and Bill Tupou, on the bench against the Raiders, is the other starting winger. Godinet, a late defection with a back injury in Canberra, is on the bench with Taylor, Lillyman, Ben Matulino and Ropati.
The game will have special significance for loose forward Todd Lowrie, who'll line up against his old club for the first time since being part of the grand final-winning side last season.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Not a bad team considering the amount of injuries we have. Friend takin over the captaincy?

Not over the moon with Tupou but with manu out can't see anyone else really knocking the door down to be selected.

Interesting to see how we go without Mannering.

Blair

Coach
If JBro plays against the Storm and the Warriors lose, I'm off to the Bunnies.

Tired of this shit!

I doubt Ropati alone would be responsible for a Warriors defeat. Although I know that's not what you're saying here.

Look, we've always rocked Melbourne's world down there and we can only hope it will continue.

If anything put's our season right it'd be a shock win against the unbeaten Storm. I'm picking it.

There's bugger all else to do on ANZAC Day but to live in hope for this, is there?

LeagueNut

First Grade
Serious question for all: Would you rather...

A) trot out with that ridiculously young backline and hope that someone puts their hand up to guide everyone around the park, or

B) shift Laumape to the wing, drop either Tupou or Fish, and slot Ropati in there

Blair

Coach
Serious question for all: Would you rather...

A) trot out with that ridiculously young backline and hope that someone puts their hand up to guide everyone around the park, or

B) shift Laumape to the wing, drop either Tupou or Fish, and slot Ropati in there

Well, let me just say that I think Ropati will be on quite quickly if things look scatty.

He'll last 17 minutes though.

Let's look to the future. This Fish character, he's well overdue to do something in first grade. We keep waiting and waiting...but for how long?