What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Storm

JJ

Immortal
Ayshford has more than proved himself as a NRL level centre. To not see that is almost like seeing eye to eye with Kearney in regards to Aysh.

Papalii is all we got really.

Disagree with Hiku on the wing. Outside back was what made him a someone at Manly. And regards to speed - hes faster than Ken. If there's anyone we need to worry about getting burnt, its Ken.
But Keighran was good enough to start the season in the halves but now is a worse option than Hiku and Harris??? FFS

Kearney is a joke and I'm glad I maintained that position last year

Iron Lion

Juniors
Ayshford has more than proved himself as a NRL level centre. To not see that is almost like seeing eye to eye with Kearney in regards to Aysh.

Papalii is all we got really.

Disagree with Hiku on the wing. Outside back was what made him a someone at Manly. And regards to speed - hes faster than Ken. If there's anyone we need to worry about getting burnt, its Ken.

If Ashford is an NRL level centre he wouldn't still be at the warriors and he wouldn't be playing reserve grade in the 2nd row.

He was a talented youngster who never kicked on. But at least he tries. Can't knock him on that. And I would be happy for him to shut me up tonight and for the rest of the year. Cant see it but yeah bring it on if he can.

Hiku shouldnt be on the wing. You want speed. Agree better than Maumalo but Maumalo was a 2nd rower they converted. Anyone will be faster than him.

Papalii is not all we have got. We have Sao who is screaming out for game time. He deserves it over Papallii

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
If Ashford is an NRL level centre he wouldn't still be at the warriors and he wouldn't be playing reserve grade in the 2nd row.
You sound like you agree with Kearney...

In Kearneys world, Ayshford is a 2nd row but IMO, he's a centre. Didn't he score a 50 metre try in the preseason games this year? he's still got the pace and line breaking ability.

Disagree with you on the rest. Except for Sao.

Diesel

Referee
If this team capitulates tonight, they do not deserve to represent NZ on such a memorable occasion. I can take a loss if they try, but not a thrashing if they do not

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
You sound like you agree with Kearney...

In Kearneys world, Ayshford is a 2nd row but IMO, he's a centre. Didn't he score a 50 metre try in the preseason games this year? he's still got the pace and line breaking ability.

Disagree with you on the rest. Except for Sao.

I agree with Iron Lion.

Yes, Ayshford has been a centre in the past and I believe he will fill in well tonight, but the logic is ridiculous.

Ayshford doesn't get picked for over a year as a centre in the NRL and had been playing as a 2nd rower in a lower competition? Why would you then pick him as a centre all of a sudden.
If any other club saw him as a viable NRL centre, they could have picked him up on the cheap. No one did, because he's not of NRL quality. Makes zero sense

But in reality, Ayshford is probably the 5th biggest selection issue for us in this game.

Leber

Bench
Tbf to kearney, when he named Ayshford in the extended squad, he prob only thought he'd play on the bench. It's the multitude of injuries that has forced him in the centres.

Iron Lion

Juniors
I am very excited that Perham gets his chance but look at that bench.

Super small.

14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Bunty Afoa
16. Nathaniel Roache
17. Hayze Perham

Wouldnt logic say we will need Satae?

Shouldn't Hiku be in Ashyfords position and Perham at FB?

Leber

Bench
Yeah 1 prop is geniused. I like them both but its silly to have both luke and roache in the squad

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I agree with Iron Lion.

Yes, Ayshford has been a centre in the past and I believe he will fill in well tonight, but the logic is ridiculous.

Ayshford doesn't get picked for over a year as a centre in the NRL and had been playing as a 2nd rower in a lower competition? Why would you then pick him as a centre all of a sudden.
If any other club saw him as a viable NRL centre, they could have picked him up on the cheap. No one did, because he's not of NRL quality. Makes zero sense

But in reality, Ayshford is probably the 5th biggest selection issue for us in this game.
Ayshford was dropped by Kearney. Thats not to say Bellamy or any other coach would've dropped him. Kearney does things his strange way, for example, he thinks Katas a good centre and Ayshford isn't. It was also a strange demotion as Ayshford was playing well with Johnson and Fusitua.

*From league experience - a mobile second rower is often used to cover the centre position. Vice versa, centres later in their careers often move into the second rower.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Ayshford was dropped by Kearney. Thats not to say Bellamy or any other coach would've dropped him. Kearney does things his strange way, for example, he thinks Katas a good centre and Ayshford isn't. It was also a strange demotion as Ayshford was playing well with Johnson and Fusitua.

From league experience - a mobile second rower is often used to cover the centre position. Vice versa, centres later in their careers often move into the second rower.

Ayshford was signed from reserve grade. He was long dropped by a poor Tigers side.

vvvrulz

Coach
Hahahaha it's done! Mooks has finally put Tohu into the halves.

Is this the jump the shark moment?

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
So was CNK... you know CNK? whats he doing now? aye?...

You just don't like Ayshford thats all.

What do you mean?
Wasn't CNK one of our juniors coming through the ranks?
We didn't keep him due to management wanting to go the 2 big wingers route...
(Something a lot of us here disagreed with at the time)

Chalk and cheese comparing an up and comer to a mediocre centre languishing in reserve grade

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
What do you mean?
Wasn't CNK one of our juniors coming through the ranks?
We didn't keep him due to management wanting to go the 2 big wingers route...
(Something a lot of us here disagreed with at the time)

Chalk and cheese comparing an up and comer to a mediocre centre languishing in reserve grade
Ah its simple - Lion asked Ayshford was signed from reserve grade and so was Ayshford on this occasion. Thats it!

No need to stretch it out. Simple!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ayshford is plod, started out looking promising for a year or 2 at the Tigers then dropped away. When the Warriors picked him up he couldn’t even crack the reserve grade side of a cellar dweller

I guess the master coaches plan with the midget bench is to have Adam Blair do some work when the big boys sub off, LOL

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Ayshford is plod, started out looking promising for a year or 2 at the Tigers then dropped away. When the Warriors picked him up he couldn’t even crack the reserve grade side of a cellar dweller

I guess the master coaches plan with the midget bench is to have Adam Blair do some work when the big boys sub off, LOL
Kidwell picked the best team available right?...lol

Latest posts