What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Storm

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He picked players in position at least when he started in the role, I remember someone championing Takarangi at centre and he showed how crap he was at the World Cup
He was good at the time. Better than your SKD BUHAHAHAHA. You just got knocked!

"He picked the best team available" - Underwear. Later on, the worst Kiwis tour would come from that, including a draw to Scotland.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Ah its simple - Lion asked Ayshford was signed from reserve grade and so was Ayshford on this occasion. Thats it!

No need to stretch it out. Simple!

Haha no, CNK wasn't signed from reserve grace, he came up through the warriors system.

Big difference with a has been who was picked from reserve grade at a struggling Tigers.

How can everyone else see that but you can't? :joy:
Classic Zero insight into league!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
He was good at the time. Better than your SKD BUHAHAHAHA. You just got knocked!

"He picked the best team available" - Underwear. Later on, the worst Kiwis tour would come from that, including a draw to Scotland.

Give me SKD over Takarangi in a kiwis jumper any day of the week

I have seen a worse Kiwis tour, that one where SuperCoach picked Hiku and Lolohea as the halves while Benji sat at home. I have also seen worse selections than SKD, such as Tohu Harris marking Greg Inglis at centre while Kenny Bromwich started at 9 with Luke not picked

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Give me SKD over Takarangi in a kiwis jumper any day of the week

I have seen a worse Kiwis tour, that one where SuperCoach picked Hiku and Lolohea as the halves while Benji sat at home. I have also seen worse selections than SKD, such as Tohu Harris marking Greg Inglis at centre while Kenny Bromwich started at 9 with Luke not picked
Ah f**k up. Games on. Go to game thread.

jaseg

Juniors
What do you mean?
Wasn't CNK one of our juniors coming through the ranks?
We didn't keep him due to management wanting to go the 2 big wingers route...
(Something a lot of us here disagreed with at the time)

Chalk and cheese comparing an up and comer to a mediocre centre languishing in reserve grade

Haha no, CNK wasn't signed from reserve grace, he came up through the warriors system.

Big difference with a has been who was picked from reserve grade at a struggling Tigers.

How can everyone else see that but you can't? :joy:
Classic Zero insight into league!

No, he wasn't.

He came through the Storm system, we poached him.

Played all across their backline coming through the ranks, should've been given a shot at centre (what looked like his best position coming through the grades) but Kata gets a free pass to continue accumulating shit performances.

JJ

Immortal
Harris is the second best player in the team - wherever you play him he's likely to go well... if there's a long term injury to a half (and three weeks kind of is) neither Harris nor Hiku is sustainable in the halves - and Special Steve has missed three weeks' opportunity of giving someone experience

vvvrulz

Coach
Like 440m in a game?

That's daft mate, CNK vs Ken is not just about metres.

Maumalo has made countless basic wing errors.
No one is questioning his massive yards and in fact that's what's kept his career alive.

TheDMC

Bench
That's daft mate, CNK vs Ken is not just about metres.

Maumalo has made countless basic wing errors.
No one is questioning his massive yards and in fact that's what's kept his career alive.

Your opinion that CNK would bring double what Maumolo does, that was daft too, hence my facetious comment. Sure Ken lacks some winger attributes but really there are plenty of NRL wingers who make far more basic errors than him. Case in point both Josh Mansour and Malakai Watene-Zelezniak tonight for Penrith were error ridden mutants. Meanwhile last night Ken makes 220m, defuses all the bombs that came his way, scored a try, set up an almost certain try to Ashyford (who unfortunately had hands for tits), managed to get back more or less effectively to cover attacking grubber kicks behind him. Jesus the dude had a whale of a game.

I'm a fan of CNK, and I wish he had more opps at the warriors, perhaps as center. Great to see him going well at fullback in Canberra.

#kenappreciation

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Ken is not for everyone's liking. Love his hit ups and yards but that's it. I wonder how he'd go if he was 5kgs lighter.

Leber

Bench
I think people underestimate the difference between playing wing and FB. Not all players can play both effectively. Not sure what games of CNK everyone was watching last year. Wasn't rated as a winger but killed it in reserves for the nsw cup at fb.

FB is his best position. If he'd stayed here, we would have got an average winger as he was ever gunna usurp RTS.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kearney is a fragin liar.

Kata plays reggies.

f**king Liar.

Not only a shyte coach a f**king lying piece of shyte.

vvvrulz

Coach
I agree that CNK is best suited at FB, but for me those few games CNK played at first grade on the wing as a complete rookie were far superior to what Maumalo started out as. We dropped CNK for no reason whatsoever, it was farcical that Maumalo v1 won incumbency.

The problem I have is that, much like with Kata, Leuluai, Tomkins etc., we as a club had to put up with a massive run of incompetence before finally tidying up his game, and even then he tends go missing every now and then. A great metre eater, but he's just not a very good winger, and for every Storm game he'll guaranteed dish up some rubbish from time to time.

Maumalo is a vastly improved player no doubt since then, but we still sacrificed CNK for it.

Personally I'd rather have seen CNK, RTS and Fus as our back three.

JJ

Immortal

Kata plays reggies.

f**king Liar.

He thinks he's being clever... control the narrative, it's the way these days everywhere, truth is irrelevant image and narrative everything

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Kata plays reggies.

f**king Liar.

I'm actually genuinely pissed off about that.

This is professional football. Kata has been in the NRL coming into his fifth season - that's enough to earn veteran tag in other situations. Yet Kearney feels as if he needs to shield his feelings by slapping a fabricated 'compassionate' tag on him? f**k me. He's dropped, just as thousands of NRL players have been - and either used to get stronger, or gave up. He might want to give off the impression of being tough ol' SK but instead to us as fans it shows he plays favourites, won't drop certain guys no matter what, but if you're not in that hallowed group, like Sao or Adam Keighran, you get dropped quick smart and replaced by numerous people who don't play your position.

Piss weak.

Latest posts