What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Storm

chewsta

First Grade
f**k the Storm, Even their B team would make the top 4 over the course of a full season.

In saying that, Sharks 13+ peaking at the right time for the GF!

Craigshark

First Grade
The only way i can see us making the 8 is a Roosters team that now gets every decision based on last weeks blow up with a few players back.... a close loss to the Storm 2-6 points and then hopefully a very tight game between the Titans and Warriors, with hopefully a Warriors upset.

I don't see us beating Melbourne as mentioned, they will go right through our middle all day and make 60+ a set.

yeah I can see NAS absolutely owning our pack and smith, Hughes and Hynes taking full advantage of it.

Bob Scott

Juniors
yeah I can see NAS absolutely owning our pack and smith, Hughes and Hynes taking full advantage of it.
Williams and Wilton will do to NAS what they done to Haas , the players must know they can't rely on Woods so they will step up . If we can keep the damage down thru the middle their backline is carrying some average players . I am staying positive , i want to win our way into the finals not on the back of other team results .

Frenzy.

Immortal
They want the MP too. They haven’t gone hard as they like. Oh and CB is still pissed about 2016.

Heard an opinion on the radio, not a "caller" that they might tank to avoid the MP. What's it worth? A shitty $100,000 and a prestige which lasts till you lose the GF. Only 3 of the past 10 MPs have actually gone on and won the comp.

If they finish second they avoid the Eels who just smacked them and Manly who can smash then. Finish second they'll likely get the Rabbits without Mitchell.

For the record, I don't subscribe to this "theory" but do see some sense in it

Last edited:

Big Bloke

Juniors
Heard an opinion on the radio, not a "caller" that they might tank to avoid the MP. What's a worth? A shitty $100,000 and a prestige which lasts till you lose the GF. Only 3 of the past 10 MPs have actually gone on and won the comp.

If they finish second they avoid the Eels who just smacked them and Manly who can smash then. Finish second they'll likely get the Rabbits without Mitchell.

For the record, I don't subscribe to this "theory" but do see some sense in it
Added to this, I reckon they’d rather us in the semis rather than the Raiders or Titans. They are more likely to go on a semis run than us.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Added to this, I reckon they’d rather us in the semis rather than the Raiders or Titans. They are more likely to go on a semis run than us.
You think the Titans are more likely to go on a run than us?
Raiders sure but the Titans?

nah man

I don't particularly watch much footy outside sharks games these days but hughes, smith, grant and even nicho are run first pass later type players aren't they? So is there some sort of game plan possible to counteract this?

Or am i just spouting utter bollocks as per usual

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't particularly watch much footy outside sharks games these days but hughes, smith, grant and even nicho are run first pass later type players aren't they? So is there some sort of game plan possible to counteract this?

Or am i just spouting utter bollocks as per usual
Yes. Send out 4-5 Latrells to shorten the prix up

shaggs

Coach
I reckon Hughes and cheese don’t play. Looking at the bench/reserves they will drop out as well.
You don’t name jacks and John’s for no reason

Card Shark

Immortal
The only way i can see us making the 8 is a Roosters team that now gets every decision based on last weeks blow up with a few players back.... a close loss to the Storm 2-6 points and then hopefully a very tight game between the Titans and Warriors, with hopefully a Warriors upset.

I don't see us beating Melbourne as mentioned, they will go right through our middle all day and make 60+ a set.

Agree

Quigs

Immortal
I hope our blokes keep a good lookout for Nelsons raised and cocked elbow. He makes the bearded rooster look like a bit of a novice when it comes to the raised forearm syndrome.

txta2

Bench
Enjoy ya last weekend of footy, lol.
Somehow we will be Cronullafied..
giphy.gif

Williams and Wilton will do to NAS what they done to Haas , the players must know they can't rely on Woods so they will step up . If we can keep the damage down thru the middle their backline is carrying some average players . I am staying positive , i want to win our way into the finals not on the back of other team results .
Totally Agree and REALLY hope you are right. Anyway it makes the game worth watching , for a little while anyway!

One thing I do like about our side named, is that it seems that at last we have some sort of stability in our team going on.
Everyone and anyone knows that we are weak up the middle, and on offloads. I doubt if that will be able to be changed in a week. Solution? Out score the muthas.