What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Tigers 16/8/09

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Cronulla have lost fullback Bronx Goodwin for the season with a broken shoulder. He will be replaced against Wests Tigers on Sunday by Nathan Stapleton. Interchange hooker Terence Seu Seu has also been ruled out with a hamstring injury, with Lancen Joudo set to debut off the bench. There is some possibility, though, that Anthony Tupou will return from a hamstring injury.
Wests Tigers centre Chris Lawrence remains in doubt with a hamstring problem. Lawrence did not run with the team yesterday, with Dean Collis ready to replace him if needed.
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...n-for-nq-battle/2009/08/13/1249756399218.html

Drakken

Juniors
The seasons over for the sharks so I would personally go with the guys who are going to be there next year. Not sure if all of these have been re-signed but I would go with something like this-
1. Goodwin (Is he staying??? If not then put Wright here and Covell back to the wing)
2. Ferguson
3. Pomeroy
4. Brown (Staying???)
5. Wright
6. Stapleton
7. Porter
8. Douglas
9. I would've said Green but now that he's going I guess Hughes will have to go here even though he's retiring.
10. Snowden
11. Afamasaga (Think he's re-signed hasn't he?)
12. Millington
13. Gallen
14. Unfortunately Seu Seu as I dont think there's another hooker.
15. Norrie (What's the story with this guy?)
16. Donnelly (And this one?)
17. Tupou (If fully fit only, don't risk him otherwise)

1. Wright
5. And would have to put Covell in now I guess
What a shame Cronulla dont have another fast try scoring winger like.. oh lets say Bryson Goodwin

Last edited:

Tucky

Juniors
1. Wright
What a shame Cronulla dont have another fast try scoring winger like.. oh lets say Bryson Goodwin

Also Brown has signed with the Tigers for 2010.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
1. Wright

Bryson Goodwin is average at best. Good players are judged by how well they play in a team coming last. Ferguson or Goodwin? FMD Fergo will pick him up with one hand by the skull & chuck him into the grandstand.

Drakken

Juniors
Bryson Goodwin is average at best. Good players are judged by how well they play in a team coming last. Ferguson or Goodwin? FMD Fergo will pick him up with one hand by the skull & chuck him into the grandstand.

I thought he played well for Cronulla last year didn't you? Also the bloke can kick. I'm sure everyone thinks Inglis is such a good player because he stands out in a poor performing team.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I thought he played well for Cronulla last year didn't you? Also the bloke can kick. I'm sure everyone thinks Inglis is such a good player because he stands out in a poor performing team.
Having watched Inglis proceed through the juniors in norhter NSW, QLD cup & then NRL from around the age of 14, his talent is undeniable. What is your point? That Goodwin is on parr with Inglis? FMD!!

Drakken

Juniors
Having watched Inglis proceed through the juniors in norhter NSW, QLD cup & then NRL from around the age of 14, his talent is undeniable. What is your point? That Goodwin is on parr with Inglis? FMD!!

See above for explanation ^^

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

See above for explanation ^^

If your point is about inglis only playing in good teams, that is not the case. The teams win because he is so good. When he was coming through the ranks, his teams were average at best even when he was scoring 5 length of the field trys each game, to keep them in the hunt.
he was outstanding as a junior in any team. He was outstanding QLD cup & only ended up playing a handful before being plucked into first grade where again, he is outstanding.
How can you seriously mention a hack like goodwin in the same breath.
FMD inglis can cover any backfline position & would probably be the best in the comp at that position.
Goodwin?> Career winger, average at best, with medium pace.

Drakken

Juniors
If your point is about inglis only playing in good teams, that is not the case. The teams win because he is so good. When he was coming through the ranks, his teams were average at best even when he was scoring 5 length of the field trys each game, to keep them in the hunt.
he was outstanding as a junior in any team. He was outstanding QLD cup & only ended up playing a handful before being plucked into first grade where again, he is outstanding.
How can you seriously mention a hack like goodwin in the same breath.
FMD inglis can cover any backfline position & would probably be the best in the comp at that position.
Goodwin?> Career winger, average at best, with medium pace.

No Goodwin has nothing on Inglis, I was just pointing a glaring error in your opinion. The storm still won with out Inglis and on more than one occassion too. Good players don't have to be judged in a poor team.

sando88

Not a Moderator
daily telegraph says 23yrold weyman (michaels brother) has earnt a callup from nsw cup

RUBIKS

Juniors
While we are bringing up all these randoms, why not bring up Orcher instead of Misi?

What happened to our second teir cap? Have we blown it so bad that Ricky though well we're going to get caught anyway, may as well blood everyone...

S.R.

Juniors
So now it's:

1. Stapleton
2. Talaupapa
3. Pommeroy
4. Brown
5. Capt Afterburners
6. Wright
7. Porter
8. Snowden
9. Hughes
10. Douglas
11. Afamasaga
12. Millington
13. Gallen

14. Weyman
15. Norrie
16. Joudo
17. Tupou

You'd assume Donnelly out for Weyman?
Tupou still going to play?

Inferno

Coach
If Weyman is replacing Norrie, then I'd suspect either Donelly or Weyman will start with Dougie pushing into the backrow.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Can't see Cov moving left Angry.
I get the impression that right wing is the only place left for him in the squad.
Blake is a far better option at left wing. I know he's having a rest, but I think that's the way it's going down
I note Don that Blake is playing right centre in NYC.

DJDL

Bench
Just noticed that myself Angry one.
He debuted in firsts at right centre too.

God knows what's going on there.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
look up the meaning of the phrase "kick ins". There is picture of Bryson Goodwin.
Whilst I feel sorry for the guy, this year is not the year to celebrate bonuses.
Correct?