What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Tigers 16/8/09

Foz

Bench
On the team selections I have little doubt we are not picking the best side due to the salary cap.
Firstly I couldnt work out why Fergo wasnt in first grade and yet 2 more players were handed a debut yesterday.
Thinking about it I could only think Fergo's contract must have a trigger in it to pay him a lot of dollars once he plays a certain amount of games in the top grade.
I know we arent picking the guy (Vea-is that the spelling)who signed for Melbourne too which is another issue.
The amount of guys we have played in first grade too (especially the younger ones)would all have incentives in there somewhere for playing games.
In the past other teams that have finished down the table have been caught out by the cap and Ive thought how the hell have they cheated the cap-its not that they have gun players that makes them over.
We also have had the extraordinary situations going back to Bird,Rennie and Buster as well as losing Kearney and Ross in the first game.No idea on the Anderson situation either and dont even know about Bakuya (is he injured stilll/again).
A long hard year fellow Sharkites and the outlook for next year doesnt look great on paper but we may be on the right track signing all these youngsters.
When weve waited 40 odd years for a premiership whats another few?
Just hope we dont implode again then like we have this year.