What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Tigers

Meth

Staff member
We need to win this one, preferably by a big margin. But the Tigers have been playing better football than they were 3 months ago.

I'd go-

1- Locke
2- Fisiiahi
3- Laumape
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Packer/Gubb
9- Friend
10- Rapira
11- Mateo
12- Manneing
13- Taylor

Res- Matulino, Lillyman, Peyroux, Lowrie

Meth

Staff member
I doubt very much that they will drop Nielsen. But I am just no so sure we need him. I think Laumape's defense is ok. Hurrell, Fisiiahi and Vatuvei seem to have improved. Even Johnson is looking better. And if they get leaky, there's Peyroux, who we don't seem to be using all that much as it is.

1- Locke
2- Fisiiahi
3- Neilsen
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Packer
9- Friend
10- Rapira
11- Mateo
12- Manneing
13- Taylor

Res- Matulino, Lillyman, Peyroux, Palavi

vvvrulz

Coach
I doubt very much that they will drop Nielsen. But I am just no so sure we need him. I think Laumape's defense is ok. Hurrell, Fisiiahi and Vatuvei seem to have improved. Even Johnson is looking better. And if they get leaky, there's Peyroux, who we don't seem to be using all that much as it is.

Neilson definitely should stay on but like I agree that Peyroux and Lowrie are offering next to nothing with so many 80 minute players in our line-up. Its a tough one, not sure what to do with those two bench spots, I'd rather Mateo and Taylor play their 80.

Meth

Staff member
Neilson definitely should stay on but like I agree that Peyroux and Lowrie are offering next to nothing with so many 80 minute players in our line-up. Its a tough one, not sure what to do with those two bench spots, I'd rather Mateo and Taylor play their 80.

A Sam Lousi type player could take Lowrie's spot, perhaps. But I can't see that happening.

Meth

Staff member
The team I expect to see is;

1- Locke
2- Fisiiahi
3- Nielsen
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei/Laumape
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Packer/Gubb
9- Friend
10- Rapira
11- Mateo
12- Mannering
13- Taylor

Res- Lillyman, Matulino, Peyroux, Lowrie

oh, and apparently news is about to break about Marshall...

vvvrulz

Coach
I was also thinking about giving Friend a couple of 10 min breathers and inserting someone like Mara, like we used to with Hohaia / Gatis back in the days to give us some spark at dummy half.

Maybe I'm clutching on straws, but at the moment we're pulling Mateo off for no reason and not even using Peyroux.

Meth

Staff member
Brent Read ‏@brentread_7 15m
Expect Benji Marshall to inform the Wests Tigers of a decision on his future tonight. It could be all over. Stay tuned

https://twitter.com/brentread_7

A journalist for the Australian.

Meth

Staff member
I am not sold on Mateo for 80. I like him better for 50-60, perhaps even starting off the bench. I think when you put him on and when you take him off is really important and I don't think Elliot does it well, so far.

vvvrulz

Coach
I am not sold on Mateo for 80. I like him better for 50-60, perhaps even starting off the bench. I think when you put him on and when you take him off is really important and I don't think Elliot does it well, so far.

Coming off the bench around when Matulino and Lillyman does would work. Play out the first half, and the last 20-30 mins of the match. But again Lowrie isn't much good for only 20-30 mins on the park.

Penrose11

Juniors
I agree that Mateo needs to be on the field for a lot more playing minutes than he currently is. Usually comes off after 25mins and doesn't return until bout 55-60th minute. What is it with that? And Lowrie usually comes on for Mateo and plays most of those last 55 odd minutes.

1 - Locke
2 - Fish
3 - Hurrell
4 - Nielson
5 - Manu
6 - Thomas
7 - Shaun
8 - Rusty
9 - Friend
10 - Mutalino
11- Mateo
12 - Mannering
13 - Taylor

Rapira, Lillyman, Sam Lousi, Matagi

Lowrie and Peyroux offer SFA at present so why not bring in a ball playing back rower? Mateo plays more minutes and Locke to cover 6/7 if we're desperate through injury.

6 -

Penrose11

Juniors
It took me likr 20mins to write that previous post of mine. Everything I wanted to say, got said. I guess I shouldn't be watching the footy n trying to type ag the same time

Izz

Bench
So we'll either win by 40 or lose by 40 depending how the Tigers, or just Marshall, respond?

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Pressure release just before the game for Benji, great news for us, ffs it will prob be the sharks game all over again when flanno returned.

vvvrulz

Coach
So we'll either win by 40 or lose by 40 depending how the Tigers, or just Marshall, respond?

If we drop this game by 40 (or any other) that's our season pretty much gone.

Not only do we need to win we need to carve up a couple of teams and this should be one of them.

Diesel

Referee
If the Tigers minds are elsewhere then 40 is a possibility, if Benji makes a statement then we are stuffed

Meth

Staff member
VODAFONE WARRIORS v WESTS TIGERS
Leichhardt Stadium, Sydney
7.35pm, Friday, July 19

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 GLEN FISIIAHI
3 DANE NIELSEN
4 KONRAD HURRELL
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 THOMAS LEULUAI