What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Warriors

Pika

Bench
No idea re your question Karma.

Not privy to team selections.

We train today, so that might give us an indication.

macavity

Referee
BG said:
Completely disagree. He has excellent footwork for a big fella and can make yardage in traffic. He also has the typical Smith-moulded forward skill of being able to pass before the line: eg. to Dureau leading up to our first try on Friday night. And I still can't get over a passage of play in which he handled three times in the second half against Manly (last year) which netted us a try amidst the hammering we were receiving.

good post.

I have been impressed by Royal too. a few handling errors notwithstanding, he has been near faultless.

Karmawave

Bench
Royal gives away too many penalties in the ruck by either not standing square or laying on the play the ball.

Pika

Bench
Enthusiasm from marker is the key to our defence.

Zero penalties is the ideal, but unlikely.

I question some decisions by the referee in this regard.

As far as laying on the ball..... blame the wrestling coaches.

A win is all I care about and I think we can do it in a close one. A loss and the pressure is on due to our extremely tough opening to the season. Did we get the rough end of the stick or what. The top four that I picked for the season, Parra, Broncs, Rooosters and Manly, we cop all before round seven. Melbourne are in all sorts at the moment due to their runaway arrogance. What about Cameron Smith saying he couldn't remember when they last lost two in a row. What a tosser!

macavity

Referee
~knights~ said:
one of those penalites against royal in the parra game was bullsh*t I gotta say !!!!!!!!!

agree. I would also say that a few penalties in the ruck are inevitable when you play the style of game we play. and I would rather a few penalties each game than getting carved up constantly. we are working on the details, but our style is good.

Karmawave

Bench
Given our style at the marker position and in the ruck, every game we play is going to almost be entirely dependent on what referee we have in any given game.

Our chances this year will be in direct proportion to what whistle blower we receive each weekend.

Archer and Hayne will cane us. Like last week, even though in the score sheet the penalties might " seem " even, the reality is, when you look at the significance of the penalties, when they occured, and what direct impact they had on key factors in the outcome of the game, you will see that the Knights will be successful when our style is more leniently policed under certain referees.

Pika

Bench
We have been penalised roughly the same number of times for ruck and marker infringements under three different referees.

roopy

Referee
Melbourne have shown that the team who dominates the ruck wins games.
If we are to be winners we have to tread the fine line between winning the ruck and giving away penalties, and the only way to get the mix right is by pushing those boundaries.

Latest posts