What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Brisbane

YNWA Tigers

Juniors
So happy Browny gets Korbin is backrower. He and his brother will create problems for Brisbane on the edges. Pat and Sione as centres is a great pick as well. If Chanel is fit he may replace Ross eventually. Stocky is back to form. I really Like that side.

Didn't i read somewhere that Chanel re-injured his knee and is out for another 8 weeks again?

Smith only a slim chance.
“David Bhana is a really good possibility of coming back,” Brown explained.

“Danny Levi’s somewhat of a chance, Josh King is another young one that has been in the squad one or two times who’s a possibility as well.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2016/04/13/brown_provides_perso.html

Ross deserves his spot.He said a couple of weeks ago he needed to do more to cement a place. Woeful as he has been, I reckon Mamo will be back in. He hasn't had much of a chance. I'd go with Ross centre for Pat and Mamo wing or try Mamo at centre.

Chanel is out until Rd 14. Mamo expected Rd 8 - 9.

League_God

Juniors
If Levi were there in place of Pearsall, that'd get my vote for our strongest 2016 side

Levi is a good chance and smith looks certain to miss out.

1.Dane Gagai
2.Nathan Ross
3.Sione Mata'utia
4.Pat Mata'utia
5.Aku Uate
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Sam Mataora
9.Danny Levi
10.Jack Stockwell
16.Jacob Saifiti
12.Tariq Sims
13.Korbin Sims

14.Tyler Randall
15.Daniel Saifiti
17.Pauli Pauli
18.Micky Paea

PhilGould

Bench
Paea's still injured according to Barry Toohey. The possible replacement's Brown mentioned were Bhana and Josh King.

PhilGould

Bench
King is a solid front rower in his first full season of NSW Cup. He's consistently good but not great and will probably struggle in first grade at this point, especially if he's coming off the bench. Not an impact player at all. He's more in the mould of an Aiden Tolman (not saying he'll be as good as Tolman).

I'd definitely prefer Bhana.

League_God

Juniors
King is a solid front rower in his first full season of NSW Cup. He's consistently good but not great and will probably struggle in first grade at this point, especially if he's coming off the bench. Not an impact player at all. He's more in the mould of an Aiden Tolman (not saying he'll be as good as Tolman).

Thanks mate. Based off your assessment I'd also prefer Bhana. I'm still not 100% sure what we got when we signed Bhana. I think he could be at the very least a solid first grader

macavity

Referee

was great in nyc, huge motor and good build for a prop (think a young Matt Scott). probably be very good for whoever poaches him in 3-4 years time.

PhilGould

Bench
Some have said they think Bhana will be a long term first grader with us, which I definitely don't agree with. But for this week against the Broncos I think Bhana is a better option than King.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Weve see Bhana play what, 1 maybe 2 games for us. Bit hard to judge

Bhanas advantage is he has good utility value. Backrow, hooker and even centre he can comfortably cover. Hes pretty fast and a solid defender too

Spot On

Coach
Would think it is nearly impossible to develop an opinion of Bhana after watching him play a few minutes.

PhilGould

Bench
I've watched him for 2 or 3 years now, my opinion isn't just based off the 2 games he's played here

Spot On

Coach
Well, we need good defenders. We have the wonderful record of having the worst points against so far this season.

Apparently Bennett has thrown out the challenge to his team to awaken from their slumber of the past fortnight. He's unimpressed with their flat performances and has used a line from one of Rusty's gigs and asked them to unleash hell.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Well, we need good defenders. We have the wonderful record of having the worst points against so far this season.

Apparently Bennett has thrown out the challenge to his team to awaken from their slumber of the past fortnight. He's unimpressed with their flat performances and has used a line from one of Rusty's gigs and asked them to unleash hell.

Awesome!

Spot On

Coach
Meh, just a small challenge for our defensive unit to overcome. I mean, how f**king hard is it to make a few tackles??? How f**ken hard is it to get through your sets and put a decent kick in and then chase it??? :sarcasm:

Don't answer that.