What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Brisbane

Swarzey

Bench
Didn't help last year.

Edit: Derp, point remains; we're f**ked.

Last edited:

ryana87

Juniors
Is anyone cautiously optimistic that we may actually cause an upset tonight........ Or are we all just happy if they don't put 50 on us

I am more confident this year than I was last year. Hodkinson is the key player tonight for us. He really needs to get this team moving where he wants it. He looks more likely to be our sole captain more every week. I would be giving him the reigns there. If he can lead and allow Mullo to just be Mullo we are in within above average chance. It will be in the back 20 we win it. High completions and minimal penalties. Only hope if any at all.

K-Man

Bench
I'm expecting the forwards to stand up and the Sims boys to have blinders, especially Korbin who has a shot at origin with guys like Napa ineligible.

I think we'll lose it through the obvious (penalties) and not taking our chances in attack when we get them. I'm yet to be convinced Mullo, Hodko, Gagai and Randell can control the game, maintain pressure, force repeat sets or offer any combination of structure and creativity that troubles the defence inside the 20. We can't put on a simple shift to save ourselves. Ball dies at second receiver, we're always going wide on the back of no momentum and we take horrible options late in sets.

I'll be looking for improvement in how the halves close out the sets. If not a repeat then at the very least don't come up with something so rushed and poor that the opposition actually gains momentum and marches down field. Too often our weird chip bombs, kicking it dead, running it on the last, kicking it on the first (mullo) doesn't just mean no points, it means total loss of control and field position. Many times we concede a penalty following a poor finish to an attacking set.

Brisbane by 18 after we really give it to them early but can't score the points to show for it.

slotmachine

First Grade
Looking at the sides, would any Knight make their team? Gagai on the wing, maybe, and Tariq on the bench, maybe.

This game could go 2 ways.

1. We stay with the broncos for 50-60 minutes then a combination of us running put of gas and them going up a gear will see them pile on 3-4 late tries and win by 20-30 points.

2. They blow us away from the start and put 50+ on us.

At the end of the day, the broncos team is just significantly stronger across the park there is probably no way we can win, unless the broncos rest some players and milford, hunt and gillett all get injured in the first 5 minutes.

Rod

Bench
Broncos have actually been quite scrappy all year, they haven't exactly been piling on the points against inferior opposition.

That could of course change tonight and if they click then we will get done but if we can stay in the grind and keep it somewhat close then I would consider that a success.

Spot On

Coach
I've taken the Broncs to win with -18.5 start.
Also backed them to win to zero.
Always back Uate ' s opposite for first try scorer.

Worth a few dollars looking at our defensive record.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If we do win this it'll be through our defence, our attack is awful and I can only see us scoring 2-3 tries maximum so we really need to man up and be disciplined in defence to kee the Broncos to less than 20 points IMO, no stupid penalties because we can't afford to march them down the field and give them free attacking opportunities on our line.

blaza88z

Coach

risky bet, we don't usually win by many.. only last week we got away in the final 10 minutes

Spot On

Coach
Backed the Broncs to win to zero last week. Couldn't really believe the odds on offer. Turned out to be a good bet. I don't think we'll offer much more than the Drags but will be pleasantly surprised if we do. I'd expect Brisbane to cover -18.5 points against the comp's worst defensive team and playing at home after Bennett told them they are going ordinary. I'm sure they'll want to emulate what the Cows did last night as well. They seem to be going tit for tat atm.

Zoidberg

First Grade

I have a sneaky $20 on Oates as 1st try scorer. Let me down and don't let me down Aku!